1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Playing while injured, let’s hear your tales.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soul-o, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Ronzo

Ronzo Tele-Holic

Did a couple of jobs in a wheelchair after I ripped my right leg’s peroneal nerve, ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, Patellar tendon, and quadriceps tendon in 1994.

2. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Had a vasectomy, did a drumming gig too early after the op. Finished hung like a donkey. If it hadn’t been caused by the op................

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Had a stroke that numbed most of my left side 5 or so years ago. Mostly reversed in a couple months but my fretting hand still tingles and feels like I have a glove on it. Playing almost every day since then has helped considerably and I am positive it aided my recovery faster than anything.

soul-o likes this.
  4. TheOtherNeill

TheOtherNeill TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Nearly severed the tip of my ring finger a couple of months ago (stupid kitchen accident). Once the first, bulky dressing came off and I switched to something lighter-weight, I figured out a slide would just fit, so I started learning slide.

5. soul-o

soul-o Friend of Leo's

Dude! I have split a ton of firewood without that happening. You stand down, soldier. Take it easy.

Deeve likes this.
  6. soul-o

soul-o Friend of Leo's

My stroke brother! I had a bad one in 2016 that totally wiped the fingers on my left hand and with a paralyzed vocal cord. It took months of therapy to be able to play and sing again.

telleutelleme likes this.
  7. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Left hand middle finger went 90 degrees sideways playing softball 4 hours before a gig.....I grabbed it snapped it back in...iced it for a few hours and did the duo gig.....it was hard but I did it.

8. doghouseman

doghouseman Tele-Meister

I once watched a guy at a gig playing trumpet with his hand was completely bandaged. He told me he lost two fingers on his left hand the day before, but he still wanted to play the gig. That is dedication.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.