1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

playing jammin playing cool riffs

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jdolecek48, Jul 13, 2020.

1. jdolecek48

jdolecek48 Tele-Meister

i have seriously been looking at orange for years so since i lost my amp I have not picked up a guitar for a long time so i got rid of my amp and the truth is...after 20 yrs of playing i suck, i have always played in drop d because i get frustrated because i suck so much its like when i turn on a you tube video just in the demos they can make a guitar sound good....just by 2-3 riffs i cant even do that, i dont know how, i have no guitar shops around to teach me how to learn, i k now the basic metal/blues scale on the 3 low strings but thats it......can any of you help me or steer me ino the right direction, just so i can play cool stuff on my guitar? pleasse beg you guys if you can help me just so i can play some cool riffs just so i can jam for 30 minutes i would be so grateful to you because if i could write stuff for 30 minutes it can turn into mo0re, i spent my younger years being around so much better guitar players but here im with bad ass esp les paul style guitar and cant even play it.....I spent so many years around these amazing guitar players, i would try but fail, i know a basic scale on the low strings buy that is mjust on the lower frets...i just want ti be Be able to play good riffs, i just want to play riffs not learn scales all day long.....i just have no one to show me, where i live there are no guitar shops to even take a lesson.....can you guys please please helo me so i can write cool riffs please

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.