1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Playing classic country tunes in a trio setting

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by McGlamRock, Aug 10, 2018.

1. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Poster Extraordinaire

It's been a while so I thought I'd give an update:

So this trio is now a quintet. Last week we found an 6 string guitar player. He says he wants to do all acoustic rhythm, but this guy can play. Since we have different styles, it will diversify our sound.

The other great thing about this guitarist is he knows a great pedal steel player who can also sing harmony. We auditioned the pedal player last night. His voice and playing were great, and he wants to play with us too!

The challenging part of adding two more stringed instruments is that I need to change what I'm doing so I don't step on their toes. I think we are on our way though. Everyone was getting along, being friendly, and sounded pretty good trading verses taking fills, splitting lead breaks. I think this band is going to be really good!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.