Playing cheaper guitars at gigs?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LunarSlingShot, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

When I played out, I used the my best guitar I owned at the time.

I was playing in country/rock band playing clubs and doing a lot of opening acts for touring bands.

I was playing my Tom Anderson Hollow Drop Top Classic, which was one of 7-8 guitars I owned at the time.

I wanted to use my best playing and sounding guitar I owned.

I was ALWAYS very careful with my guitars and always knew where they were at all times.

After every show, I'd put the guitar in it's case as soon as we finished our last song.

I then put in the trunk of my car, which had a car alarm.

I haven't gigged since '09,but if I did ever start up a band and started gigging, I would definitely take my good guitars to the gigs.

I now own about 50+ guitars and wouldn't hesitate to use any of them If I ever played out again.

LunarSlingShot likes this.
  2. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jagermeister is known to improve tone... When consumed by the audience ...

3. Keefsdad

Keefsdad Tele-Holic

I use my Monoprice Tele with Bootstraps for gigs a lot. I also use my American strat though. if I had a '56, or something, i dunno;)

4. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

I would have been afraid everyone would ask for medical advice.

Wildcard_35 and LunarSlingShot like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Haha, funny. :rolleyes:
    I bought it new in 87, 3 years out of high school. Guitar shop as copay on the loan. True story. Turns out, co-owner Vic was paying it forward. He never actually told me, I found out via a news story on him 20 years later. Cool as hell, and I'm forever indebted.

telemnemonics likes this.
  6. zeedoctour

zeedoctour Tele-Meister

I play the best guitars I have. Always. They are the only guitars I have. None of them say "Fender" on the headstock (well yeah they do actually in very small letters) they are all partscasters with Squier necks (and logos) bar the custom tele and my first strat build which used a handmade neck and has my own logo on it. If I was playing somewhere that was sketchy enough that theft was a huge paranoia, I'd probably just take 1 guitar and leave the stage with it in my hands even in between sets. Maybe that would be my soon to be mine Classic Vibe Starcaster which is going to be all stock so easily replaced, generally speaking.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.