1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Player Series Telecaster

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Kerberos, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Kerberos

Kerberos Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I'm looking for a light weighing Telecaster, one that's not gonna break the bank. Curious if any of the current owners of the Player Series would know the weight of their Teles Thanks...

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

Dereksys38 likes this.
  3. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

My Player is a little heavier than my other Teles but not much. 3.7kg – 8.1 lbs.

U can prob find them at an avg Tele weight if u look around.

I don't think u will find any that are extra light.

My Paulownia Tele is 2.8kg!
    IMG_20200904_130312.jpg

4. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

Mine is 7 lbs 13 oz. feels good to me. My CV I sold off was a boat anchor. This one is a delight. I went through Sweetwater, as mentioned above.

mojek likes this.
  5. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

Here’s mine.

Attached Files:

6. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

I owed a 2018 Players Telecaster and it was a great guitar. I bought this one used with a Fender Tweed case for $350.

A great guitar and it played nice, sounds good, and stayed in tune. The only issue with my early 2018 model Player guitar, was it had a factory design issue with the bridge, that made it difficult to change strings. Apparently this is was corrected early on. I changed the bridge and it was a great guitar.

I only sold my Player guitar because I found a great closeout-deal on a brand new 2019:American Professional Telecaster.

7F960BE8-02F5-44A6-AD2C-864589C6FE94.jpeg

mojek likes this.
  7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The arrival of the Player MIM line coincides with the end of widely available body wood choices. Everything (I think) coming out with the Player line is now alder and alder is that "tastes like chicken" of body wood which means, bodies from 4.25 to 5.50 pounds, for the most part. Meaning, a ready to play instrument of 7.25 to 8.50 pound guitar.

Mahogany and Ash are weird woods. They can vary wildly in density/weight. In contrast, alder can sometimes be too heavy for guitar use, but so much is right in this middlin' to middlin' heavy range. Boring, consistent, whatever adjective you like.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.