1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Player series Tele.. opinions

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by krb813, Feb 11, 2021.

1. krb813

krb813 TDPRI Member

How are the current Player Tele's? I don't have a way to try them out locally.

Thanks.

2. Joshtheguitarguy

Joshtheguitarguy TDPRI Member

Somewhere in this cold universe. Or am I an alien?
    Great value, even with the new price point, tried one and found the neck very comfortable, modern feeling. Actually, the whole guitar is a modern feeling, you have the block saddles, modern radius, modern pickups. I liked it, but I found myself looking for more in the pickups, they just didn´t get the tele sound I wanted them to, but your mileage may vary, I didn´t end up buying one, but it might be perfect for you. What are you looking for in particular with a tele?

3. Blues Twanger

Blues Twanger Tele-Afflicted

The quality is there, don't let the internet scare you.

Flaps and howardlo like this.
  4. Sotakoira Musti

Sotakoira Musti Tele-Afflicted

I’ve got 2020 MN Tidepool. Bought new, cost about 550€. As said earlier, very comfortable satin finish neck with modern profile. I didn’t care too much about pickups though. The build quality is good, but the body is on the heavier side.

My other Teles are quite vintage orientated, so I decided to make it ”modern” Tele. Changed tuners to Fender locking tuners, pickups to Texas Specials and installed 4-way switch. Left the original modern bridge. It turned out really nice.

Overall, I see them as cheap and great quality modding platforms for non-vintage style Tele.

5. vanr

vanr Tele-Afflicted

<<<<Managed to find the HH one in Sonic Red last April. It's a great guitar. Was looking to maybe get another one in a different color and noticed they have gone up in price $80 since April.

wblynch likes this.
  6. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Nice guitars, now that the fiasco with original first run is over.

7. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

Here’s mine. I have a 2020 in Butterscotch. I love the modern bridge and the vintage one but this one is so good for palm muting, I’m leaving it as is. I like vintage tuners, but the modern ones on this guitar are just fine the way they are. Pickups are great for what I play (rock, alternative, worship music at church, etc.). I’ve tried to play some Luther Perkins/Johnny Cash stuff and it’s not as twangy as my old CV Tele, but I don’t need it for that. Fit and finish are way better than my old MIM Standard from ‘07. Neck is perfect and I prefer the thinner necks. The only thing I have going on that needs work is the noise I get from the neck pickup. I’m going to shield the guitar this weekend and see if I can quiet it down a little more. It’s nothing horrible or anything. Just nit picking here. I got mine for $699 and really enjoy it. Weighs in at 7 lbs. 13 oz.

Attached Files:

Lefty Addams and howardlo like this.
  8. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Holic

I played one of the HH ones in silver sparkle in the store and really liked it--rally want one.

9. DLReed

DLReed Tele-Meister

I love mine - IMG_3731.JPG IMG_3661.JPG With both the white Pick Guard and Black. The Pau Ferro fret board on mine darkened up a lot after some lemon oil and lots of playing.

Southpaw Tele likes this.
  10. Audiowonderland

Audiowonderland Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I am pretty damn happy with mine

11. Footsore

Footsore TDPRI Member

Here's a pic of mine that I took when I bought it. FSR with a Sienna Sunburst flamed maple top. Plays nice too. IMG20210126094319.jpg

Southpaw Tele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.