Player series electronics

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by horax, Apr 5, 2020.

1. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Can anybody tell me the value of this capacitor?

My LaBrea pickups show that they “should” have .047, and I can’t tell on this one. It’s stock.

before I get yelled at, I know you can adjust to your liking, etc. I just want to know what I have to start with.

the Seymour Duncan guide that came with the labreas show the cap being attached at the middle lug of the tone pot to the top of the tone pot. Then running a wire to the top of the volume.

out of the box, this tele is connected from middle lug on tone pot to the top of the volume pot for ground. how will that affect tone?

DE9CC75B-CCD7-4F04-8F96-36EA9424F99E.jpeg 079916DC-A717-4E24-88E9-18FAA53C082F.jpeg 3DE56799-E0F6-4F7E-8AE1-5B7D32021AE1.jpeg

2. LebanonOz

LebanonOz TDPRI Member

You are good to go as is.

The capacitor is a correct part for .047uF capacitor. Technically it is .05uF +/- some tolerance.

Don't think of the wiring as the back of a particular pot. Instead think of it as going from the middle lug on the tone pot to ground. In your case it looks like the builder soldered most, if not all, of the ground attachments to the back of volume pot. It is good and there is no need to change it. There is no difference in tone.

horax, AAT65 and Fretting out like this.
  3. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

If my understanding is correct a ground is a ground no matter where it’s grounded?
    Ex. Back of pot/ body shielding(tubs)

4. Tuxedo Poly

Tuxedo Poly Tele-Afflicted

horax and AAT65 like this.
  5. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.