Player Series Bridge Swap

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by IndyTeleGuy, Jul 18, 2019.

1. IndyTeleGuy

IndyTeleGuy TDPRI Member

So my "new" Player Series was apparently pulled from way back on the warehouse shelf, as it's a 2018 serial, with the "problem child" bridge saddles.

Fender told me I had to bring it to an authorized repair center...nah...I went ahead and put a vintage style Fender bridge with compensated brass saddles :D

Also put the electrosocket style jack cup on there...had to remove the lock-washer to get it far enough out to use a 90' cable though, hopefully it won't spin itself out.
    So far so good!

Got her all set back up and intonated. Everything is dead on, except of course my D is slightly sharp at the 12th in order to have my G perfectly intonated. It's good enough for my ear, and worth the trade off for the vintage look. Also notice it's quite a bit louder and clearer when played unplugged, which is nice.

Enjoying this Tele very much!

tele91.jpg tele92.jpg

2. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Afflicted

I like how its been installed perfectly straight, i am seriously thinking of Polar white and maple neck player tele for 2020 January. I cant buy it at the moment since i am waiting for squier cv70s strat in olympic white. My standard tele hasnt been Best in terms of quality. Seems last standard line before player havet had Best quality. I have question, What was original pickguard colour, mint green or Parchment ?

3. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

You could always put the nut back on the jack socket, for a bit more security.

4. Fendereedo

Mint on that particular Player Tele

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  5. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN TDPRI Member

Mint looks great on the artic white, that and a new brass barrel bridge.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  6. RoCkstAr256

Thanks mate,. More, Photos needed mate

daddyplaysbass likes this.
  7. Fendereedo

I didn't post any mate. Why would you want more mate, when I never posted any in the first place mate! :p

RoCkstAr256 likes this.
  8. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Holic

I've had my Electrosocket like that for the past 5 years with no issue. You should be ok as well.

Fendereedo likes this.
  9. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Really nice color. Your bridge fix is a good one.

Do know you can put the nut on the back side of the electrosocket, lower the jack lip so it's just under-flush with the bottom of the electrosocket cup, and tighten the nut on the back side against it. That way you will see the guitar-player's electrosocket secret that you only need to stab the jack in the general vicinity of the jack and the tip will follow the bowl and slide right in. You can plug in without looking at the jack that way. Try it out.

This is what I do with misbehaving conventional cups (but it doesn't get the slick stab-n-go feature of the electrosocket). The screws keep the nut from backing off and the screws keep the cup solidly in the body not like that wobbly bent square washer used.

[​IMG]

Fendereedo and Skydog1010 like this.
  10. RoCkstAr256

sorry wrong post, reffered to.op

daddyplaysbass and Fendereedo like this.
  11. ataylor

ataylor Tele-Meister

That’s the look right there. I don’t know why Fender doesn’t use the vintage-style bridge — or at the least a modern iteration like the American Professional guitars have — on every Telecaster they make.

howardlo likes this.
  12. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice work! That looks great; glad it worked perfectly for you.

13. Fendereedo

That was the process I meant,

14. RoCkstAr256

BTW @all

Bigger bridge might not fit exactly player series or they can match perfectly with pickguard. Just noticed that string holes th the back are 3 mm deeper into middle. Which makes it 13.3 mm away from bottom of guitar while standard mim has driller holes 13.1 mm to the end of the guitar body. Small difference

15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Looks great!

If you tire of the slight off intonation, you could try these Fender slight slant compensation brass saddles (back in stock at Darren Riley):

upload_2019-7-19_14-7-55.jpeg

I think the ones you chose might be overcompensated, and thus the issue you're having. Also, I recommend not using an E-Tuner to check intonation. Piano, tone off the Internet, your ear. Please the listener's ear and not a machine.

16. IndyTeleGuy

IndyTeleGuy TDPRI Member

The problem with tuning off a piano, the internet, or "pleasing the listener's ear," is that all of those have variables. Digital tuners, particularly strobe type are far superior to any of the older methods.
    I've played in various bands where everyone wanted to "tune by ear," or use other methods, and guess what, they sound somewhat close when they play alone, but horribly out of tune when they play together.
    Use a digital/strobe tuner if you really want to please the listener's ears :)

Mike Eskimo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.