Player Plus Nashville Telecaster

Legba-1967

TDPRI Member
Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it? I think my LGS has one and I’m thinking of doing some trading. If I do it would be my only guitar and being played through a Fender 68 Custom Deluxe Reverb. I play blues, classic country and rock. I’m starting to focus more on the country but will this one Tele through this amp give me all the sounds I need so I don’t need multiple guitars. Not saying I won’t have more in the future just right now I want one good guitar. Even if you don’t have one chime in if you think you can help. Thanks.

Last edited:

Otisblove

Tele-Meister
I've got a 2017 Deluxe Nashville Telecaster. It's my avatar picture. Specs look almost identical except the player plus has a push/pull on the tone knob that adds the neck pickup to positions one and four (isn't the neck already in position 4?) and the pickups are called "Player Plus Noiseless" pickups for "vintage tone without the vintage hum." Probably the same as the Vintage Noiseless pickups in my guitar with a new name. Somebody please correct me if I'm off base.

It's a great guitar. Hard to go wrong with a Telecaster and that extra pickup gives you Strat sounds in positions 2,3 and 4.

TheOtherNeill

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
One other difference between the Deluxe and the Player Plus is that the Deluxe has a contoured heel; the Player Plus does not. Both are great guitars--it's really a preference thing.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
I don’t know what the pickups are like, (I have the tex mex in my 2012 which I love) but I’ve often said the Nashville is most of Leo’s great ideas in one guitar.

John C

Friend of Leo's
One other difference between the Deluxe and the Player Plus is that the Deluxe has a contoured heel; the Player Plus does not. Both are great guitars--it's really a preference thing.

There are also some neck differences - while they are both the "Modern C" shape the Player Plus models are 1.685" wide at the nut and the Deluxe Nashvilles were 1.650" wide at the nut. I think the frets might be a bit different too - the Player Plus has the medium jumbos like the Player models; for some reason I was thinking the Deluxes had the tall/thin frets similar to American Professionals - but it's been a while since I played a Deluxe so please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

doctymie

Tele-Meister
I had one briefly a couple of years ago. I didn't bond with it - mostly because I hated the noiseless pickups. If you like the neck and feel, then changing pickups isn't that big a deal.