Played The New Broadcaster Today-Update

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Joe M, Feb 13, 2020.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

I rehearsed with mine yesterday. Band have been out of action for months due to travel and serious family illness. Oh man it sounded f brilliant... the band loved it. I used on about 60 percent of the tracks and it really comes through. It just loves light gain and diggin in. Big bold and present. Aside from the change to shorter saddle screws mine is staying stock.

Crobbins likes this.
  2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Despised. Wow!

Anyway glad you’ve got it where you want it now.

3. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    Pretty sure the CS version has the extra control plate so you can choose which sound you want. The production version is wired modern with a capacitor in the case to change the wiring if you'd like. The CS version comes wired like it did in 1950, with the whole assembly included to change to modern wiring. The CS version is pretty straight-forward, unsolder a couple of wires, switch the whole plate, and resolder the couple of wires. The pics that DrBeezus included show the whole assembly. If you want to change the production one, which comes with the modern wiring, to old wiring, it takes a lot of re-wiring to achieve the same result, not just a couple of wires.

gwjensen and Crobbins like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.