Plate resistor pop? Or?

Jasonpatrick

TDPRI Member
I swear I’ve encountered this problem before and I can’t remember if it was the plate resistor or a cap that was causing this pop. Amps been serviced not to long ago and I haven’t played it much but last week I noticed when I turn is off standby, there was these quiet little succession of pops. Then today after I cleaned the tube sockets I’m getting this pop but a few seconds after I switch it off standby. Like something is building up and then releasing. Only happens once then all is normal. Amp is my 69 deluxe reverb. Any ideas where to start ? Can’t figure out how to post a video but in it You would hear me flip the switch and then probably 8 seconds later you will hear the pop. It’s not the switch! Haha like I said, I sounds like something is discharging but which something.

Jasonpatrick

TDPRI Member
Yea so I have it narrowed down to the normal channel. Wondering now if it could possibly be that ceramic .47 cap loading up and discharging or the 220k resistor which more then likely is out of spec because 220k resistors like to do that. Hmm