Pizza oven attachment for smoker

vgallagher

Tele-Meister
Got a GMG pizza oven to put into my Traeger. Tried it for the first time and it works great. A few tweaks with sauce and how to stretch the dough and we’ll be off and running. Set the Traeger for 400 degrees and the surface temp of the stone got over 700. Made pizza in about 3 minutes.

506BBE3C-5B89-454F-AD5D-301527EFA3C3.jpeg
A398E619-FBA9-47F2-B36E-BE46F6614451.jpeg
34EBF857-78C6-496D-B391-0B3C02ACCA08.jpeg

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Looks great. But I just use a flat cast iron platen that I use for pancakes and other things. I can't warrant the cost when you can do the same thing for less. Matter of fact I can put in a pre-made pizza right on the grill. Sorry if I sound crass. I don't see why to spend that money.

vgallagher

Tele-Meister
Oh come on you were supposed to keep me posted!! How did you get it to fit in the traeger?
It just dropped in I didn’t to do anything to it. I have a Lil’ Tex. I thought I was going to have to trim those tabs you see sticking out but ended up not doing anything.

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Looks great. But I just use a flat cast iron platen that I use for pancakes and other things. I can't warrant the cost when you can do the same thing for less. Matter of fact I can put in a pre-made pizza right on the grill. Sorry if I sound crass. I don't see why to spend that money.

How hot does your cast iron platen get? I honestly don't know what a platen is. Is that a thing or a typo?

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Okay, so that's a platen. How hot does it get?
I don't know the temp. But I turn on the Q (propane) for about 5 minutes. Then throw the pizza in there and it only takes about 10-12 minutes until the bottom is lightly toasted and the top starts to brown nicely. I use that for pancakes also. A pre made pizza out of the box can be put right on the grill but not over the flame. I use two spats to move it around.