Pixies - Where is My Mind / Debaser

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire

pixies.jpg

dogmeat

Friend of Leo's
I bought a giant "best of" CD of theirs because I like "where is my mind". sorry, but for me, the rest of it is almost unlistenable.

Chuckster

Tele-Afflicted
Great memories of criss-crossing Boston every weekend to see them.
Screenshot_20221207_190425.jpg

Last Pixies show I saw was Boston 2004, which was the last tour with all 4 original members; Kim left after that tour.
IMG_1488.JPG

I did manage to catch Frank Black solo at a tiny dive bar as well.

Great band, and great song choices 👍

schoolie

Tele-Afflicted
I still have a painful crush on Kim Deal. Funny, I was contemplating playing a bluegrass version of "Where Is My MInd" recently.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
I grew up in punk but around the age of 19 I got sick of that scene and started listening to metal and classic rock. It was Surfer Rosa that lured me back into indie/underground music again. What an album!

I actually thought Doolittle was too slick when it came out, but over time I got into it (I loved the songs, just didn't dig the production).

Can't underestimate the impact of that band. For people of my generation they were massive.

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
I grew up in punk but around the age of 19 I got sick of that scene and started listening to metal and classic rock. It was Surfer Rosa that lured me back into indie/underground music again. What an album!

I actually thought Doolittle was too slick when it came out, but over time I got into it (I loved the songs, just didn't dig the production).
Steve Albini's production on Surfer Rosa is totally slick; it's just slick in a way you feel rather than hear.

soul-o

Friend of Leo's
I got to Boston just a smidge late to see them in clubs (and it took some time to acclimate from the FM radio rock that was basically all we got where I grew up). Once I tuned further down to the left of the dial and discovered that a lot of really cool music was being made in Boston, I was off to the races. It wasn’t too long before I was recording at Fort Apache where those early Pixies records were made, but I didn’t actually see them until around Bossa Nova.