Pink Floyd Argument Bait

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I've never understood why people are so partisan about music. There are a great many musicians whose work I loathe, but I'm not arrogant enough to inflict my opinions of their worth on others.

After all, most of the are rich and famous, they must appeal to someone :)
I think it comes from either A) Hey do you love the new record by X (not the band, just X) or B) The latest record from X is better than any other record ever, if you don't like it, you have no taste

Whatever response is offered begins the long slow climb into the pit of endless debate.

it is phrases like 'totally unique' that add to it. Something is either unique or not unique. There are no gradations for it. But, people use (misuse) these terms to add weight or to soften the blow of a weightier statement to somehow convince or change minds.

When we pause from the battle, we see that the purpose is the battle itself. In which case, your suggestion to not participate is thoughtful, well, until by offering it, it stakes out territory in the actual debate. You are one of us, welcome!

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
out of curiousity how many of you watched or saw the movies?

1) More ( the movie stank but the soundtrack was integral to the movie plot .....great album )
2) Le' Vallee (Movie was not bad for the time , very typical, music was a sound track... great album)
3) Zabriski Point ( 60's teen rage , with university riots etc , antonio only used a few of PF's songs 3 originals, and come in # 51 your time is up, Rick Wright wrote Us & them at that point not used)
I would love to see Le' Vallee. I'm going to search for it.

nvilletele

Friend of Leo's
Sheesh, all this contention.

As the Kinks said, it’s only music, only juke box music.

(BTW, I heard Wish You Were Here yesterday and liked it)

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I would love to see Le' Vallee. I'm going to search for it.
I really like this one , although dated by some standards , it sparked a curiousity in me to want to go to Papua New guinea , sadly, I never went , I did however study the peoples in university, Anthropology and Archeology fascinating stuff for sure , the term "obscured by clouds" appears on a map because the valley is under constant cloud cover and could not be mapped by air

Duck Herder

Tele-Meister
I think it comes from either A) Hey do you love the new record by X (not the band, just X) or B) The latest record from X is better than any other record ever, if you don't like it, you have no taste

Whatever response is offered begins the long slow climb into the pit of endless debate.

it is phrases like 'totally unique' that add to it. Something is either unique or not unique. There are no gradations for it. But, people use (misuse) these terms to add weight or to soften the blow of a weightier statement to somehow convince or change minds.

When we pause from the battle, we see that the purpose is the battle itself. In which case, your suggestion to not participate is thoughtful, well, until by offering it, it stakes out territory in the actual debate. You are one of us, welcome!
No, there's a restuarant out here that was very unique, but the new owners made it more unique, and now it's the most unique restaurant in the area. 😉

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Fantasy Rock maybe.... No different than some Hendrix stuff really.
More "Soft rock":
Riviera Paradise - SRV
Lenny- SRV
Knockin on Heaven's Door- EC
Melissa- Allmans
Little Wing- Hendrix
Along the Watchtower- Hendrix
Wind Cries Mary - Hendrix
Moody Blues

More...........

Bluesboy3

Tele-Afflicted
Comfortably Numb is not one of Pink Floyd's Top 50 Songs. There are much better songs even on The Wall, which is by far not even close to their best work.

PS. IMHO

Signed,

TDPRI John

Last edited: