Pink Floyd Argument Bait

boneyguy

Doctor of Teleocity
If I say I'm going to steal your wallet and then I steal your wallet, your wallet was still stolen, right?
Poor analogy I think. A more appropriate analogy is something like this: If I tell you that I'm going to tell you a story and then I tell you a story are you going to be surprised that I told you a story?....enough to comment... "Hey!! I think you just told me a story!!"

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Poor analogy I think. A more appropriate analogy is something like this: If I tell you that I'm going to tell you a story and then I tell you a story are you going to be surprised that I told you a story?....enough to comment... "Hey!! I think you just told me a story!!"
hmmm, trolling isn't being told a story. most folks view trolling as wasting their time and trouble causing. there are rarely rules or laws against story telling but there are rules against trolling and there are punishments for it.

If a person says, this might be offensive but... and then says a very offensive thing, because they noticed it (gave notice of its likelihood) it does not mitigate the offensiveness of the message.

I tell you I'm going to lie to you. I lie. Is the lie less because I told you? (rhetorical question) of course not.

beyer160

Poster Extraordinaire
Most of my favorite soft rock songs have lines in them like;

"Ok, just a little pinprick / there'll be no more

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but you may feel a little sick"

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Eating-Popcorn-Watching-MTV.gif

Last edited:

mr natural

Friend of Leo's
Pink Floyd can’t be categorized. I like the early stuff the best. Everything before Dark Side. They set no limits and would try just about anything. Sure, some of it is crap but some of it is amazing music that no other band could or would have done. None of them were virtuosos except Gilmour (and it took him a while to get there) but they knew their strengths and what to do with them. All that said, I listen to Obscured by Clouds and Animals more than any other albums by them.

lil scotty

Tele-Holic
I played with a bunch of hard core stoners back in the day, They were all HUGE Pink Floyd fans and i was the only member of our band who didn't care for them... It's a small sample size, I know.... But since were on the subject, is there anyone here, who doesn't wake and bake almost daily... that considers themselves a Pink Floyd fan?

Serious question.
I did not, and do not bake. I will always hold PF very near and dear to my heart.

GGardner

Friend of Leo's
Never liked Floyd when I was young and smoking weed. Now that I'm old and drinking scotch, I have more of an appreciation. Go figure.