I have a pine body project coming close to completion. The body is two-piece bookmatched white pine cut from a Ron Kirn template. I tried my hand at doing a sunburst 10 years ago and was unhappy with it, so I put the body in a bag and forgot about it. Recently decided to make a "spare parts caster," using stuff in inventory except for one pickup, a Seymour Duncan Jazz humbucker, which I bought new. Stripped the body, decided to try a Duplicolor sparkle paint with acrylic lacquer. Results are not bad at all, but not Five Stars, either. Still learning to spray. Pretty, though. Neck is a Mighty Mite fancy birdseye maple two-piece, C profile. Medium frets. Pickups will be the SD Jazz in the neck and a noiseless Bill Lawrence L280-TL in the bridge. Modern bridge/saddles.