1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pimp My Table Saw ... ?

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by JuneauMike, Aug 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Tall-Fir

Tall-Fir Tele-Meister

If I am totally honest, I am much better at using a table saw and being involved with it to make things, than I am at using a Telecaster trying to make fine music.

I agree with you Mike 100% as it wouldn’t be much fun for me to spend $600 on a Telecaster that didn’t fit my needs just right.

“Anyone have any experience with this? Good sound advice?”

Yes, I have experience with this. Yes, I believe I have given you sound advice.

Very best of luck with whatever you decide or whatever route you choose to take Mike.

2. Tall-Fir

Tall-Fir Tele-Meister

Hi Peegoo!

That is a very nice DeWalt table saw and worth serious consideration!

3. CupofJoe

CupofJoe TDPRI Member

I have an old Delta 10 that my father in law gave me many years ago. It has awesome tork but I have to align it before I start a project. It’s not hard with a gauge and something I found on the internet that uses Allen keys to move the trundle. I can’t seem to find the name of it but I’m sure there are lots of options... once you get it true to the fence you can go for a while but if you let it sit you’ll have to check it again, just the nature of the beast.

4. ale.istotle

ale.istotle Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I have this exact saw. Love the rack & pinion fence. Fence is accurate, but it's $600 so doesn't meet the OP's need. They make one for $369 if you can find it that is also 10" blade, no stand, smaller rip capacity (still 20") and won't accept a dado set but has the fence system.
    Might even be worth looking at pawn shops and used sales for one.

5. Speedfish

Speedfish Tele-Holic

6. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

That's the idea!

ale.istotle likes this.
  7. jvin248

jvin248 Doctor of Teleocity

Build a rolling table saw table.
    Get the biggest caster wheels you can find at your budget. Easier rolling when you load it up.
    You can add formica to the table top.

I've used the Paulk idea for a CNC table.

Just a fast grab. Dig around youtube for other/better ideas (I didn't watch this particular one). I have a table with my saw mounted in the middle so I have wings to either side. A hinged section on the out feed side gives a flip up support when needed. Or you could put two flip up wings on an end-mounted saw instead.

Build cross-cut sleds in different sizes. Small for frequent use and a large one capable of cutting cabinet plywood accurately. Which I used when scratch building kitchen cabinets thirty years ago (which must have been ok, the house sold a few times and I saw real estate photos during the last sale and the kitchen was still intact).

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    6stringcowboy, Mr. Neutron and Jlwctn like this.
  8. Jlwctn

Jlwctn Tele-Meister

I have looked upon these with Lust in my heart...

Mr. Neutron and Peegoo like this.
  9. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Sounds like a fun project. Go for it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.