1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pilot Light Retention Nut Tool

Discussion in 'Shock Brother's DIY Amps' started by KPAE, Jan 21, 2021.

1. KPAE

KPAE TDPRI Member

We have all struggled with removing and installing the Fender pilot light assembly, and you have probably wondered "Why doesn't someone make a tool for this?"

I've seen this discussed in lots of threads, and there are responses that seem to point to sources no longer available. By chance, I ran across this vendor who actually makes these wrenches for that purpose!

20210121_124000.jpg 20210121_124130.jpg

The company is Tonecraft Audio out of La Jolla CA, the proprietor is Jonathon Erickson ([email protected]). Depending on shipping, they are about US$15, and well worth it! They aren't explicitly listed at the Tonecraft website, but if you drop Jon a line and ask he will likely help out. He mentioned that he may start carrying these as a regular item since he seems to have hit on a completely open market for this tool.

Hope this helps!

2. Forthefunofit

Forthefunofit TDPRI Member

Thanks for sharing this KPAE!
    I've been searching for something just like this for quite a while!

3. tubeswell

tubeswell Friend of Leo's

Yep these are very handy. I got one a few years back from Mission Amps (but I think they've morphed out of selling accessory stuff these days, so good to know of other suppliers).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.