Pignose Amp Owners Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by rangercaster, Jun 12, 2009.

1. superboo

superboo NEW MEMBER!

I've got a 7-100.

2. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

g 40 v...

Got a used g 40 v last xmas from the kids-did some tweaking, sounded awesome ( went to 12 au7 preamp tube, and two ecc 83's(mullards) old set of rca black plate 6l6's ( replaced the 5881 Ruby tubes the previous owner installed) , then blew the output x former ( new one from a fender blues deluxe on the way)- BTW, just spoke to the Pignose distributor in Vegas- pignose discontinued tube amp production last year ( he mentioned that it was due to " the economy") ... Gonna Tweed my little piggy when I get her up and running again - gonna build a cabinet similar to the Gibson Les Paul GA 40 that I had in high school ( and sold for a "louder amp" ...) will put a 15" jensen in her , and mount the chassis vertical, like the old fender tweeds were should be one screamin wild boar !!!

3. PaulR

PaulR Tele-Meister

I have a g40v that I made a head out of. I stuffed the innards into one of those old school/church speaker boxes. One of my favorite amps. Sorry to hear that they stopped production. Oh well. Glad I got mine!

4. red57strat

red57strat Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My first amp, back in 1981 was a Pignose. A 40-60, maybe? I blew it up about 25 years ago!

5. PraiseCaster

PraiseCaster Poster Extraordinaire

Hot-Rodded G40V owner here!

I had the circuit modified (its now a 6L6 Power tube Plexi), and stuffed the chassis and a Celestion Vintage 30 into roomier digs:

[​IMG]

Here's the changes made too it:

[​IMG]

6. PraiseCaster

PraiseCaster Poster Extraordinaire

Lat year at NAMM, the guy that owns Pignose was there, and the G40V was prominent and up front. I spoke with him, and expressed my joy with the little amp, and he said it was one of his best sellers.

He never mentioned he was ending production on it.

7. mr newhaven

mr newhaven Tele-Afflicted

i just ordered a 7100 today

im soo jazzed!
    is it as legit as everyone says??

8. mr newhaven

i just got mine today...quick question to all you owners out there...

is there cut marks on the top/bottom of your pignose where they cut the vinyl in order to wrap it i would imagine??

thanks in advance...

9. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

Old 7-100 here. Use it in the studio all the time. Put a TLM49 in front of the pig and
    crank it up, stack the track, and it sounds huge, clean or dirty.

10. Stackabones

Stackabones Tele-Meister

A song I wrote specifically for my Pignose ... SNOUT.

Peavey Reactor (Joe Barden neck, SD Lil 59 bridge) plays the rhythm and lead, some kind of bass, and a pandeiro for "drum kit". Reverb comes from the Zoom H4. All played by me. Mea culpa. :lol:

11. mr newhaven

stackabones...it sounds really good in fact!!

is that all from the pignose??

i just opened the box but im still at work so no time to play it yet...but im pumped...

also i didnt notice anywhere for the headphones...can i plug into the output?

12. nalo1022

nalo1022 NEW MEMBER!

I just joined this forum, and I too am a proud owner of a pignose. Ive had my 7-100 for about 8 years now. Unfortunately when I moved into my new apartment it got damaged in the move. I have been trying to fix it for weeks now but I can't figure out the wiring even with several schematics I found online. If anyone here would be nice enough to take a picture of their 7-100's PCB that would be great. I believe my pignose is a Chinese model because it has a white label inside.

13. es125tcd

es125tcd TDPRI Member

pignose g 40 v- new output tranny !!!!

Just got her back up and running thursday- got a Hot Rod Deluxe output tranny from Angela Instruments.com , to replace the blown stock piggy- had to drill 2 chassis holes, compared schematics from the Hot Rod Deluxe ,and the Piggy, soldered and shrink tubed her up MONSTER TONE !!! - BTW, the Hot Rod Deluxe tranny JUST fits in ( clears the speaker frame by less than 1/2" ...) much bigger, AMERICAN Iron !!! Now, It's time to do some measuring, head to Keim Lumber , In Charm, Oh. and pick out some awesome hardwood to build a combo cab. out of- leaning toward some wormy, curly maple 4/4 stock they have in the exotic wood room , and a 15" jensen ... Gotta Quit Drooling, I'm getting my paperwork wet here at work !!!

14. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Didn't even know they call them 7-100's but I've had one for about 5 years and love it. I got a kick out of my son taking his shoe boxed sized battery powered amp with him to his "blues guitar" class. All of the kids who had much larger amps scoffed and joked about it until he opened up on it when he had it cranked. The fellow teaching the class was the only one who knew anything about them. Was fun to watch their mouths drop in unison when he got it rolling. Best little practice amp in the world.

15. Lostheart

Lostheart Tele-Afflicted

A Pignose 7-100 amp has been my very first amp...I still got it and I still use it occasionally.

16. superchicken_VI

superchicken_VI Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

Miss Piggy and my Tele.

17. JNE

JNE Tele-Meister

Ha, never noticed these clubs before... I'll join.

The deal over my '74 Tele Deluxe was set when the previous owner gave me his 7-100 for good measure :lol:

18. BigMike

BigMike Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

7-100 here in the UK..........

19. blackdog

blackdog Tele-Meister

Count me in for a 7-100. I'm absolutely in love with this thing

[​IMG]

Blackdog

20. Stackabones

Stackabones Tele-Meister

Thanks!

Yeah, all Pignose. The reverb was in the Zoom H4 that I recorded it with, but all everything is pure pork. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.