Pie for Breakfast

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by stormsedge, Nov 30, 2019.

1. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

The best food I had there was at a Vietnamese restaurant. I went to a cafe that was highly rated, for what else but meat pie, and it was anything but good. I had the pie, veggies and some kind of bread. All were covered with gravy, and not very good gravy.

On another note, I did head to Sams the day this was posted and bought me an apple pie. This pie is quite good for a store bought pie. It is huge though. Best pie locally was at Rouses supermarket. It was a deep dish apple pie. But for some reason, they down sell it any more.

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

horses for courses! I love oatmeal. I don't eat it often anymore, but a little brown sugar, butter and half and half and if it has a couple of lumps... LOVE.

But, everybody doesn't love everything... but, for me, I love the lord's oats! (and cream of wheat, malto meal, grits... all of it!)

3. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Meister

((Sigh))...well, the Thankgiving apple pie is gone. I ate a piece with oatmeal for breakfast again this AM, and the last piece looked so lonely that I plopped some Cool Whip on it and ate it too. Now...should I unthaw the pumpkin pie, or wait for Christmas? Bwahahahahaha!

4. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Aargh! Cool Whip isn't food.

5. stormsedge

stormsedge Tele-Meister

No, it is a chemical concoction whipped up to hit our yum buttons...seemingly successful.

getbent likes this.
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When my girlfriend's big clan gets together for breakfast, there's all this ham, sausage and bacon and fancy Louisiana breakfast joints can be limited about other fare.

Even with pancakes (hotcakes) you have to delete the meat that comes with it, or give it to your breakfast companions.

But then there's Oatmeal, thank Goodness. Steel cut, with lots of fresh berries and no meat or eggs or anything too heavy for a "morning stomach".

Just an excellent choice for a steady recovery from the usual hangover.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.