1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pictures of you with your first tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by El Tele Lobo, Sep 26, 2020.

1. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Here's one of me with mine from about 18 or 19 years ago. It was an early-to-mid-90s MIM Tele Special. Had a tort guard, a chunky neck, a humbucker neck pickup and a 5-way switch. It had an ash body (probably 2-piece with a beautiful Crimson Transparent finish. I had the stock bridge pickup swapped for a Joe Barden, the tuners for Sperzel locking, the 6-saddle vintage bridge replaced with a vintage 3-barrel (brass) and had the frets redone with 6105. I flipped the control plate too, but didn't know how to solder back then so everything was backwards. It was really funny watching people trying to figure it out when they would borrow my guitar to play at jams.

I've never owned cargo shorts...but you can see I have some cargo pants on here...and my shrit is rather bumched. Can I still hang out with you guys?

wailing with Tommy McCoy Band.jpg

Fretting out likes this.
  2. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Cargo pants were the pants for the new millennium!

Sometimes if one feels compelled they could even wear the cargo pants that zip off at the knees into shorts

Sorry no pics of me with my first tele

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  3. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

4DDA45EF-E221-4A11-BB1A-61AED2D2A7F1.jpeg Me on the left with my first Tele, which I’d had for 4 or 5 years at this stage

Fretting out and El Tele Lobo like this.
  4. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

My first Tele was actually an Austin black flame model. Paid $50 for it at GC back in 2002. Got it home and found it had SD Antiquities in it.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  5. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

me '71.jpg

About 1971. Picked it up for around $200. It was nasty sounding. Couldn't get the sound I was after at all. Squealed, intonation was jacked and it detuned itself after just a few minutes playing.

What I know now from researching the Fender site and this forum was CBS Fender wasn't using the proper caps or any for all I know. It was a 68 double bound and was lovely to look at but virtually unplayable.

My situation at the time (basic survival mode) didn't allow me to spend time or money fixing it so I opted for a Gibson non reverse Firebird that came with P-90s.
    Things got heavy after that. If ya know what I'm sayin

Never had another Tele until 1995. 85 MIJ I still own and have modded to my standards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.