1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pickups for next partscaster. Bootstrap?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by KS6V, Oct 28, 2020.

1. KS6V

KS6V TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

OK, I might be hooked on assembling partscasters. First project is almost done. Pine body, with Cavalier Nashville Lions. Next one will be alder, and I want it to sound different than the first. I really like the prices of Bootstrap and they seem to get good reviews. I'm thinking of going with a Pretzel neck and Palo Duro bridge.

Has anyone tried this combo?

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  2. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Tele-Afflicted

I haven't tried that combo, but I've purchased both sets and would rate them high. Can't beat the price and the quality is excellent.

emisilly and KS6V like this.
  3. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

if you want a contrast with the Nashville lion, why not try some A3 43awg wire action?

IMadeYouReadThis and KS6V like this.
  4. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have the straight Palo Duro set. I think yours would be good too...only the neck will be more stratty. Keep us posted.

KS6V likes this.
  5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Oh, and let us see those builds!

KS6V likes this.
  6. KS6V

KS6V TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Stratty on the neck is kind of what I'd like to go for. Kind of like the idea of shifting from Tele bridge to Strat neck.

I'm not a builder, just assembling the first one. The guys in Home Depot forum are builders. Trying to keep budget reasonable, < $200, since they won't have any financial value and this might be a habit. I'm going to be a little bit over budget on the first. I can also see a strat project coming. :) Looking through my parts bin, I found a MIM Strat trem. Waiting on bridge screws. I have a thread in
    Other T-Types and Partscasters.

emisilly and El Tele Lobo like this.
  7. messhead

messhead Tele-Meister

Haven't been here in a while, glad to see Bootstrap is getting good talk here. I signed in today to post about the Skookum Clean 90. I just dropped one in the neck of a tele build and can't speak highly enough about the sound of this pickup in the neck of a tele. Clear and crisp, no mud at all. At least in the alder I put it in.

emisilly, JRapp and KS6V like this.
  8. don

don Tele-Meister

@messhead I've been considering a Skookum P90 myself - is it noisy? My other 2 sets from Bootstrap - Palo Duro and Pretzel are installed in Bullet Tele's that have the black shielding paint and they are dead quiet so I'm thinking of a 3d Bullet for this P90 project. What did you use in the bridge?

branbolio and KS6V like this.
  9. John_B

John_B Tele-Meister

Fenderchamp,

How much output would you have with a A3 43GU wire tele pup that you would build. And why?

I am very interested in an A3 43GU tele pup build.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.