1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

pickups for affinity tele upgrade

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by mattpbass, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mattpbass

mattpbass TDPRI Member

hi guys

just a quick Q

has anyone ever used the seymour duncan vintage stack lead bridge pickup?

does it deliver a decent overdrive?
    and will it be loud enough so that if i had a seymour duncan hot for tele bridge it wouldnt be unbalanced when going from say bridge to neck ..

hot for tele high output and vintage stack is moderate according to the SD site..

please help

matt

2. Hackney

Hackney Tele-Meister

Looks like nobody knows! Lol, I wish I could help you but I'm writing this so you won't feel alone.

3. mattpbass

mattpbass TDPRI Member

lol thanks ive gone with the vintage stack , the hot for tele is a 15k! way to hot!!!

4. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

Using a higher output bridge can sometimes overwhelm the neck pickup, in my experience.

However a higher output bridge pickup can make a wonderful Esquire.

As does an Affinity Tele.

The combination can be a good thing!!!

5. mg426

mg426 Tele-Holic

Nocasters...Texas specials...Keystones....Tried them all and they are all very solid PUPS...!!!

6. rhh7

rhh7 Tele-Afflicted

Recently I bought an Affinity Telecaster. Immediately disassembled it and sold the neck and tuners. I then bought an "as new" Classic Vibe Thinline. I may disassemble it, and use the neck, electronics, and pickups in my Affinity project.

7. whiteop

whiteop Tele-Afflicted

I have a Affinity too and dropped Dimarzio Area T neck and and Hot T pickups into it. Sounds better than many of my much higher priced guitars. Seriously.

The Hot T bridge has more output, of course, but you can back off the volume and get a great rhythm crunch tone out of it still or a very good clean tone too. When you're ready to play lead just turn the volume up to full and you have great searing lead tone. I really like the pickups. Both are great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.