Pickups for a Rock Tele

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
Yeah! I forgot about the quarter pounders, another good choice.
I didn’t suggest them at first because they didn’t meet OP’s requirements, but I’ve had one in the bridge of my main tele for going on twenty years now and that thing spits fire when you play into some dirt.

cyclopean

Poster Extraordinaire
I had Rob DiStefano wind a fire breather for a fusion tele. What I had in mind was a Nocaster (43awg over A3) wound almost as hot as a Quarter Pounder. It turned out exactly as I wanted. Pronounced mids, really hot, lots of articulation on tap. Not muddy like my QPs. When you back off the volume knob it still pops like a tele. It doesn’t twang like a proper “Bakersfield“ but, that’s kinda the point. I almost had him tap it at 8k dcr for a twang mode option but my switching in this guitar wouldn’t allow me to take advantage of it. For bridge pickup rock/fusion its killer. I call it the Ludicrous Lion.
You qp is muddy? I’ve never found mine to be muddy.

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
For the ultimate in Tele bridge hotness, I suggest the Rio Grande Twangbucker…

You will need the custom bridge and route your body accordingly.

6AE8A395-D065-4F2F-B62D-3E10D1B81880.jpeg

archtop_fjk

Tele-Afflicted
What does that sound like?
It’s a hot, midrange tone humbucker so good for high gain rock. I have a push pull switch on the tone control to spilt the pickup into single coil mode. I think it would work great as a single bridge pickup for a “super Esquire” rock guitar.

Spox

Tele-Meister
I just had a set removed from a MIC Tokai Breezysound Tele which I am going to sell as I need to downsize. They were The Creamerys

Tele-90 - Tele Sized P90 Design Pickup Set​

in a standard Tele fit and I kept finding myself playing Black Sabbath and Pixies stuff on the guitar because they sounded great. I think Fralin and Lollar do similar in the steel pole versions. I'll be selling the pickups but I'm UK.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I just had a set removed from a MIC Tokai Breezysound Tele which I am going to sell as I need to downsize. They were The Creamerys

Tele-90 - Tele Sized P90 Design Pickup Set​

in a standard Tele fit and I kept finding myself playing Black Sabbath and Pixies stuff on the guitar because they sounded great. I think Fralin and Lollar do similar in the steel pole versions. I'll be selling the pickups but I'm UK.

I'm interested. .. but only in the bridge pickup really (I don't use a neck pickup) but we might be able to work something out.

PM me if you like. ... is there anything you are looking for to trade possibly? (I have a bunch of spare neck pickups!!) :lol:

Spox

Tele-Meister
I'm interested. .. but only in the bridge pickup really (I don't use a neck pickup) but we might be able to work something out.

PM me if you like. ... is there anything you are looking for to trade possibly? (I have a bunch of spare neck pickups!!) :lol:
Thanks but I'll be looking to sell as a complete set and cash only, no trade, I need less stuff, not more.

Beebe

Tele-Holic
Needs:

1. Hot as, or hotter than a PAF/59
2. Looks like a Tele Pickup / Standard mount
3. No hum

What do you suggest?

Revel Humdinger Blackwatch