1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pickup help – video included

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by rooboo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

I play mostly tele, but I use my Gibby Les Paul and my Epiphone Sheraton from time to time. I have this issue with the Sheraton, it's a bit muddy. I swapped the stock bridge bucker for a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover. And I love it. I played it at home and the bridge Lover and the stock neck seamed to match. But I just got this video from a little jam I jumped up and did with a local band a few days ago. Is it just me, but I think the neck sounds too muddy still here?!

The vid goes as follows; I sing a little (pardon I'm no singer) and then I play a solo for 4 turns. First middle position with out of phase pickups. Second neck (possibly too muddy?). Third and forth bridge Duncan Seth Lover.

1. Am I right about the muddiness?
    2. If so what pickup do you recommend?

2. Mincer

Mincer Tele-Holic

Sounds warm and creamy to me..I like it!

rooboo likes this.
  3. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

Yeah, thanks for input! The thing is, on it's own I can make it sing if I tweek the amp. But in this setting the bridge really is where I wan't it. Kind of a catch 22 moment.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.