1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pickup Choices for my Tele's?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Red Planet, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

I have a 52 reissue Tele with stock pups and another one like it as well same Pups Ash body and all that Jazz.

I really really like these Pickups but lately I've been longing for a Darker Tone out of my Bridge only Position. Using my Tone Pot helps but not quite what I'm looking for.

Let me elborate more -- I use my Neck position for Cleans mostly, somtimes Neck/Bridge but when I go to fully dirty solos I allways go for the higher output Bridge pup.

For Dirty Soloing what are some pickup choices that will yield me a Darker Tone from the 52 reissue stock Pickup?

2. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

There are a lot of choices, but you can send an email to custom makers like O.C. Duff and they will make whatever you want. Just have to tell them what sound you are after.

3. BroadMaster

BroadMaster Tele-Afflicted

What is your usual amp choice? Effects or no? I like the Fender CS Texas Special bridge pup a lot. It'll push the front end of your TUBE amp quicker than the OV pup. The FCSTS neck is nice too

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.