Pickup Advice for a Tele Select

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by guitarguy1964, Sep 14, 2014.

1. guitarguy1964

guitarguy1964 TDPRI Member

I have a Fender Carved Koa Tele Select. I like the guitar and I thought the pickups sounded great but VERY noisy. I kind of put the guitar aside for awhile but then decided to do something different with it and bought a Dimarzio Area T for the neck position and the Dimarzio Chopper T in the bridge. Well I like the neck pickup but I think I made a mistake with the Chopper T. I knew better than get a high output pickup but like I said I wanted to try something different for me.

It took me along time to get the pickups balanced but it is still a midrangey mess to my ears. I'm wanting a nice clean tone, it doesn't have to be the classic Tele sound I'm OK with something fatter sounding than that. I also want something very quiet.

I was thinking about the Dimarzio Area T for the bridge. Does anyone have any experience with these pickups? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

2. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Kinman's Tele bridge pickup is devastating. Fender's Noiseless bridge pickuo is real nice too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.