Pickguard on or off!

BrazHog

Tele-Meister
Let's see what Jimmy has to say on the topic...

f1ez22781yz41.jpg

On it is.

Bruxist

Friend of Leo's
I like lesters with them on. More visual contrast in both colour and texture (the flat pickguard vs the arched top).

Of course, you can just go back and forth as your whim dictates. (might wax the screw holes first though)

effzee

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
This reminded me of Andy and his miracle LP at Shut Up and Play Your Guitar:

He covers the gamut with one guitar, looks a lot like yours, hmmm, and one amp.

Although he isn't sporting one, I like yours with the PG because it matches the body and binding so perfectly. I usually prefer the sans pickguard look, but not this time 👍🏼

mimmo

Poster Extraordinaire
Beautiful Lester you have! I've been blessed to have a nice handful of LP's over the years....some I left P/G on. Some not.

As far as your guitar goes, I think it looks awesome ether way. If I HAD to choose, I'd opt for the pickguard as that cream color works so well with cherry ish finish.

How does it sound/play???

This^^^

Reactions: BB

Lonn

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
My real beef with guards on a Gibson is how utterly cheap they are made. Even Epiphone uses some nice 3 ply guards on some models. If I pay $2k+ for a guitar i don't want a scrap piece of plastic screwed to it.

TeleBackelaer

Tele-Meister
Well that was surprising. For some reason I expected the majority to vote 'off'. I also think a LP looks way better with the pickguard. I don't know, it somehow aesthetically looks way more balanced and pleasing to the eye to me.

(I object to @loopfinding 's dig though 😜 He's no guitar god but I still love the dude and the band. High school nostalgia I guess.)