Picked Up My Fender Vintera 60's Strat Today. Some Pics.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by RavageTheEarth, Sep 22, 2020.

1. RavageTheEarth

RavageTheEarth TDPRI Member

So I bought a Fender Classic Series 60's Strat not too long ago and while the guitar was incredible, I paid full price for the floor model and when I got it home I started noticing more and more imperfections from it being played by so many different people. So I brought it back and ordered a 60's Vintera and just picked it up today. WOW is it an incredible guitar.

I already had Fender Gotoh locking tuners for it, but when I went to install them I realized that I was missing the B and G string tuners which were supposed to have smaller holes. Instead, I got the high E with a small hole and 5 other ones with large holes. Bummer! So that is going back. I already ordered some nice Gotoh vintage style locking tuners with the thumbscrew and staggered height.

While I had the strings off I installed a new string tree and layered the body cavity with copper shielding tape. I also have a Graph Tech XL nut for it, but that will be cut another day. Also threw some nut sauce on everything the string touches.

It's 10 PM and I just got done settings up the tremolo, string height, and intonation. I'm super impressed. I can literally face plant the tremolo bar into the pickguard and it stays perfectly in tune. The pickups are incredible from that iconic strat twang on the bridge pickup to super warm notes on the neck pickup and everything in between! The 7.25 neck is just beautiful. The finish is fantastic and the neck is quick playing. It feels like a custom shop Fender. This guitar laughs at those who scoff at MiM. Nuff said.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Nice. Congratulations and enjoy.

3. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

HNGD!

4. smoothrecluse

smoothrecluse Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

That’s a clean job with the shielding tape. Sweet strat!

5. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice

6. Bigpernz

Bigpernz Tele-Meister

That guitar is awesome congrats!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.