Pick Your Band and Genre of Music.

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
Ok. If you could put together your dream band, who would you want in it? They can be living or not, famous, obscure, or just a local phenom.What type of band/music would you perform? What would you name the band?Would you attempt to get a "scene" going with your band and music? We talk alot about the gear we love and why, now let's hear what we think of the players who have inspired us on our music journey.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
Ok. If you could put together your dream band, who would you want in it? They can be living or not, famous, obscure, or just a local phenom.What type of band/music would you perform? What would you name the band?Would you attempt to get a "scene" going with your band and music? We talk alot about the gear we love and why, now let's hear what we think of the players who have inspired us on our music journey.

Ok... this is the big one... and we don't need anyone famous so long as they're at least very proficient with their instruments.
So... this is the lineup...

- 3 guys. No more, no less.
- Lineup is drums, bass and guitar(special rules below)
- Drums: Acoustic, electric, percussions, sample pads, anything that bangs, bleeps or jingles which you can play with sticks is good here.
- Bass: Chapman stick and any amount of effects. Stick to be used to it's full extent, not just to do bass notes.
- Guitar: Needs to have piezo and MIDI pickups as well to do acoustic and synths on the fly. Any amount of other pedals.
- All three guys on vocals. No matter who's lead or if it shifts on a song by song basis so long as all sing most of the time.
- Music style: Anything they can do using the above set of rules and equipment to its full extent.
- HOWEVER: NO OVERDUBS. Any trickery and combo using the instruments mentioned is allowed but NO OVERDUBS!
Allowed to track separately when recording in the studio, sure, but no overdubs. It all has to work live as on the album.

Now then... what do you think a band could accomplish pushing that envelope?

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Ok... this is the big one... and we don't need anyone famous so long as they're at least very proficient with their instruments.
So... this is the lineup...

- 3 guys. No more, no less.
- Lineup is drums, bass and guitar(special rules below)
- Drums: Acoustic, electric, percussions, sample pads, anything that bangs, bleeps or jingles which you can play with sticks is good here.
- Bass: Chapman stick and any amount of effects. Stick to be used to it's full extent, not just to do bass notes.
- Guitar: Needs to have piezo and MIDI pickups as well to do acoustic and synths on the fly. Any amount of other pedals.
- All three guys on vocals. No matter who's lead or if it shifts on a song by song basis so long as all sing most of the time.
- Music style: Anything they can do using the above set of rules and equipment to its full extent.
- HOWEVER: NO OVERDUBS. Any trickery and combo using the instruments mentioned is allowed but NO OVERDUBS!
Allowed to track separately when recording in the studio, sure, but no overdubs. It all has to work live as on the album.

Now then... what do you think a band could accomplish pushing that envelope?
Tony Levin
Bill Bruford
Adrian Belew.
What do I win?

Resojazznblues

Tele-Holic
I would do a "jump n jive" Blues and jazz band.
Elmore James vocals, guitar, slide guitar
Gregg Allman vocals,keys, B3 organ
Jimmy Smith B3 organ
"Slam" Stewart upright bass
Charlie Watt drums
Myself acoustic steel resophonic tricone guitar, slide, Big Smile
Nat Adderly alto saxophone
"King" Curtis tenor saxophone
Louis Armstrong trumpet
Charlie Musselwhite harmonica, vocal
We could call it "Lawdy Mawdy's Whoop n Wailers".

Vibroluxer

Tele-Holic
Levon Helm - drums and vocals
Tom Petty - rhythm and vocals
Phil Lesh - Bass
Janis - vocals
Mick - BACKUP(!) 😎 vocals
Steve Van Zant - guitars
Jimmy Smith - B3, but he's gonna have to play something besides jazz organ

Me - geetar and vocalz cuz I need to do something. BTW, I do each of these poorly.

Last edited: