Photobucket images not loading in android app

Discussion in 'Mobile App Support' started by waparker4, Feb 10, 2015.

1. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Photobucket images embedded in IMG tags are not loading in my tdpri app as of late. The images are properly embedded and work on the desktop site. I have a very old android older than 4.2 but the images used to work through the app. These are on posts just made as well as very old posts.

Thx

2. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Are you sure? Photobucket images can take a long time to load on your mobile device due to their size. Especially if you are on a cellular network and not wifi at the time.

Please ALWAYS include a link to an example so that we can verify the issue.

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I think it has been a timeout issue. Images taking too long to load. I guess my WiFi is getting less dependable or the cable company is messing with me. I thought this was specific to photobucket embedded images but I noticed it with imgur pics and then the images loaded after I restarted the app and tried again. Sorry about the false alarm. Thanks

4. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    One of the hallmarks of the commercial photohost websites is that they put no restrictions on the size of the photos that are uploaded. Modern digital cameras and even mobile phones routinely take very large photos.

When that photo is attached to a post by uploading it to our server the image is automatically reduced. And, if it is HUGE then it is simply rejected. Embedded photos are not subject this and can be many megabytes each. So, these can be very slow loading.

Also, with an embedded photo you have no idea if the image host is having issues, if the account has had too many calls for the image, or even if they have deleted the photo on the image host's server.

All meaning that a missing embedded photo can be missing for a large number of reasons - especially on a mobile device.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.