1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Phish's pedals

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ArenaCorner, Aug 15, 2018.

1. stringslinger

stringslinger Tele-Holic

I feel like my computer just got sick from that site. Looks like it was made in 1998...and obviously all a joke.

Used to be a BIG Phishhead, but have moved on from them. I've always like Trey's tone, especially his articulations, but I feel like he's kinda stayed in the same ballpark most of his career...and if you do that you should have killer songs or keep experimenting, which they don't really IMO (sorry to any fans).

Les H likes this.
  2. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

That was probably the best clip of his I've ever seen.

Glad you like him.

3. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Afflicted

Never been a fan of Phish (or jam bands in general) but those Languedoc guitars he plays are just stunning

4. jimgchord

jimgchord Tele-Afflicted

You are not alone

5. Les H

Les H Tele-Holic

I'll join the crowd. I honestly didn't know Trey was still around. I seem to remember them being hyped up a lot in the 90s. Them and Blues Traveler were the new Grateful Dead. I didn't care for either one and that was a decade that I was hungering for some good guitar.

I'll admit I didn't give Phish much of a chance but if you can't get my attention with a cool riff or good tone or even a good lyric line in the first 20 seconds you've probably lost me. Not saying those songs didn't exist but I just didn't hear them. Plus their cult like college aged fan base was a little off putting for me as well.

I do think the lack of good guitar playing when they first gained national notoriety in the 90s is probably what put them on the map.

6. Les H

Les H Tele-Holic

Lol! In 1998 that's how you had to talk to guitarist because it was uncool to be technical.

stringslinger likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.