Philosophy of the sandwich

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
For me it has to be on plain bread toasted.
Plain bread is a Scottish thing.
1659920756230.png

Mayo on top slice, English mustard on bottom slice.
Bacon (preferably salty Belfast bacon) fried with finely chopped crispy onions, then lettuce, then tomato.
Don't forget to pour the oil over the top of the tomatoes before putting the top slice on.

Sometimes I like to add a bit of chopped black pudding to the mix to balance out the greenery.

The other thing plain bread is perfect for is tinned ham or tinned corned beef dipped into a plate of lentil soup, especially as soon as the first signs of autumn/fall appear.

Swirling Snow

Tele-Meister
Not a fan of Miraclewhip, its got to "much" going on. To each thier own, its definately a salad dressing, not mayonaise.
That's the thing - it's not mayo. If you use as much MW as you do Hellman's, it'll be overpowering. Also, a lot of mayo users add more spices in one way or another, so again, Miracle Whip is not a mayonnaise substitute. It is merely something that's vaguely the same color and also gets spread on sandwiches.

I was raised on it, I'm hooked on it, but I use it sparingly. Like hot dogs, you don't want to know....

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
So some feminenly dressed gent in 1725 was a post master has a poker game serves meat between 2 slices of bread and nearly 500 years later we are aguing over how much bacon needs to go on to those sandwiches .
gawd this makes me proud to be human. we all know the correct amount is lots and if you are vegan can I have your bacon on my sandwich?, I'll trade you for a tomatoe slice!

24 track

Telefied
Ad Free Member
That's the thing - it's not mayo. If you use as much MW as you do Hellman's, it'll be overpowering. Also, a lot of mayo users add more spices in one way or another, so again, Miracle Whip is not a mayonnaise substitute. It is merely something that's vaguely the same color and also gets spread on sandwiches.

I was raised on it, I'm hooked on it, but I use it sparingly. Like hot dogs, you don't want to know....
Mayo is eggs and vegitable oil some manufaturers will add vinegar to it as well , miracle whip on the other hand is probably like cool whip an edible oil byproduct , it states " oil died for this product" right on the lable