Petting Your Dog Is The Ultimate Relaxing Activity

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by HoodieMcFoodie, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I like it when I take a nap with my dog sleeping in my lap.

Deathray, urizen and Chunkocaster like this.
  2. urizen

urizen Tele-Afflicted

Dogs are the best. I had a very bad accident in early October of '18 that resulted in a lot of fractures all on my right side (pelvis, hip socket, ribs, hand) along with a serious subdural hematoma that compressed my brain and shifted it off-axis by 15 millimeters (that hematoma nearly killed me; every doctor and resident who treated me and saw my CTs and MRIs said I was remarkably lucky to be alive and relatively lucid).... after hospitalization and trephenation to address the CSH, I was stabilized and eventually sent home (along with a motorized adjustable hospital bed) to be cared for my wife and in-home health workers and receiving in-home rehab/physical therapy. My dog was by my side 24/7 while I was laid up at home for 9 months---having him near me (he had a bed of his own next to mine in the family room) to touch, stroke and talk to was the greatest emotional/psychological therapy I could ever have had----it kept the depression, anxiety and fear (re: the uncertainty involving the ultimate consequences of the trauma to my brain over time) at bay enough to promote my healing and recovery enough that I was able to take him and my wife on a 6,000 mile road trip this past September, and it created a very special and incredibly strong bond between he and I.

P.S. And he earned the right to sleep on our bed these days, all 55 pounds (either curled up or stretched out 4+ feet long) between mi esposa and I or across the foot of our Cali king bed.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Alamo, Bristlehound, stxrus and 3 others like this.
  3. nomadh

nomadh Tele-Afflicted

I'm positive most dogs add years to your life. Sucks a few back when they die but it's still a net gain I'm sure. We have 3 now. The entitled Chihuahua/pug the love sponge. The Chihuahua/dashaund with the foot fetish who likes to run the opposite way when you call her and the jackrussel/Chihuahua neurotic basket case that's so pathetic she's the most lovable.
    But not all dogs are relaxing. We inherited a fidgety hyper dog years ago and petting him would just be irritating. Just needy and wound up. Basically wont let you pet him he just wanted to lick.
    Great video.

4. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Does it involve a Porpoise and Carnuba wax?

geoff_in_nc likes this.
  5. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

his is the TDPRI, we don't need to know what we are talking about to have strong opinions on a subject.

DesmoDog, 8trackmind and Chunkocaster like this.
  6. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

A special porpoise perhaps?
    I've got one! It's fantastic!

Deathray likes this.
  7. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

I do. My dog loves to hear my play acoustic and the other loves slide blues.

Chunkocaster, Deathray and 4pickupguy like this.
  8. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

FA6FCDBA-C700-4843-B49F-DE2DB534838A.jpeg

Chunkocaster, Deathray and idjster like this.
  9. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Meister

Goldendoodles...sure wish I could get 'em to relax.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Afflicted

A hormone called Oxytocin is released when we pet dogs. It's the same hormone that's released when we bond with infants. Having a dog has been proven to help us live longer and improve the quality of life. We got a dog a year ago yesterday and she is wonderful.

11. tubelectron

tubelectron Tele-Holic

Yes, indeed :

[​IMG]

-tbln

Chunkocaster and idjster like this.
  12. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

I love all these recent students using neurological mapping, behavioral studies, blood chemistry analysis, etc., to find......DOGS HAVE STRONG EMOTIONS! DOGS FORM LASTING BONDS! DOGS SHOW SIGNS OF FEELING LOVE MUCH AS PEOPLE CAN!

Gee, ya think?

It wouldn't be humanity without (good!) music, and it wouldn't be earth without dogs.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Daisy slipped away on us in the end of August. We still miss her so much.

We're working on the passports and are supposed to get back to some travel abroad, but the places we're interested in seem to be rife with disorder right now (Spain, Chile). We'd better get a move on, or a new animal will adopt us and we'll be spending all our time in the USA for another decade or two.

Chunkocaster and Deathray like this.
  14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

@ 0:03 -- "D6th"? Is that the dog chord?

Chunkocaster likes this.
  15. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Sometimes when I scratch my dogs belly, he releases a substance known as farts. It's a different kind of bonding experience.

Bellacaster and Deathray like this.
  16. Deathray

Deathray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I prefer dogs to most people, frankly. I know that sounds weird, and somewhat antisocial, but...
    They are very honest beings, totally incapable of being phony. They don’t harbor ulterior motives, or bear grudges. You always know where you stand with a dog, be that good, or bad.
    I used to read meters for the natural gas company I work for. I had “pets” all over our territory, and looked forward to the interaction. When I promoted out, it was the one thing I was sad about. They jokingly called me the dog whisperer, because I could get into yards that others didn’t feel safe in. It’s all about vibes, man;)

Chunkocaster likes this.
  17. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

It's de sexed, like at the 0.26 mark. By the look on the wife's face he isn't getting any for a while after that embarrassing outburst.:)

Deathray likes this.
  18. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Ah igsickly! The Aussie eggsint.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  19. trapdoor2

trapdoor2 Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Chihuahuas...they're all manic little bundles of insanity. I've never met one that didn't want to chew my toenails off. Cute and cuddly to dominant and demanding in a nanosecond.

Give me a dog with some personality (non-manic, please) and I'm happy. We've had mostly mutts all our lives. All but one or two were rescues. Currently, Mr. Rocket is our laid-back Pyrenees mix. 70lbs of "I wanna get in your lap!"

Deathray likes this.
  20. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

Blondie and I have this thing where we snap (air snap) at each other without touching, each and every morning, then that turns quickly into "give me a tummy rub", then a stretch and then off to start our day. Blondie will quite often stroll into the studio and lay down at my feet when I play P&W music, it's her thang!

Sweetest dog I've ever had the privilege of taking care of.

Note her name "Blondie"!
    IMG_20190621_092927.jpg IMG_20181219_221758.jpg image000000_29.jpg IMG_20180403_111428_514.jpg

IMG_20191126_140507_2.jpg

Deathray and Chunkocaster like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.