1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Peterson Strobosoft for Ipad/Pod/Phone CHEAP!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Tonealicious, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Tonealicious

Tonealicious Tele-Meister

Hi Guys, this isn't a commercial post just a heads up.

I bought this app a month ago for twelve bucks, and I went to the site today, turns out its 99c for US and a buck 19 in Oz. So my misfortune is to your benefit. :rolleyes:
    It works pretty good, no sweetened tunings, but can do drop and other freqs.

For a buck its pretty sweet.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=308296029&mt=8

If i put this in the wrong place, please move it!

2. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Thank you so much for posting this! I've been interested in a Peterson tuner for years but couldn't justify the price. Almost bought one for my iPod Touch but still couldn't do it. But at 99 cents who could resist?

I just downloaded it and need to get an adapter for my guitar cable and then I'm off to tune and intonate like a crazy man.

3. Tonealicious

Not so fast! The cable you need is a special one with 3 rings on it! You can use the phones that came with your touch. If its an iphone or Ipad, just use the mic. Works great. If you do need the special cable I think petrson have one for 10 bucks or so.

4. Daz

Daz TDPRI Member

I was lucky enough to get the Polytune app for free courtesy of a heads-up from the TDP.... the Strobosoft app is totally worth a buck. Cheers!

5. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

I've been using it for a year now, and frankly it's a steal at full price!

I bought the adaptor from Peterson, and it's useful for silent tuning, but using the mic on my iPhone works just as well otherwise...

Tim

6. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Doesn't the phone cost like $200.00?:(

My flip phone was free with 2 year contract.:D

7. guitarzan13

guitarzan13 Friend of Leo's

cool! Thanks!

8. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Ad Free Member

Bet you don't have a Peterson Strobe tuner in it, or an Internot browser, or an iPod, or Google Maps AND a full-featured GPS app, or Pandora internot radio, or Wunder radio (an app that finds and plays any radio station in the world that streams on the Internot).

And it cost me $99 with a 2 year contract.

Tim

ps- it amuses me to write "Internot"!

9. cotecj

cotecj Tele-Holic

Sweet deal. I've been wanting a real tuner app on my iPhone since I got it (not just a "pitch pipe" app). I just bought and downloaded it. And I'm posting this from my iPhone :)

10. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Nope. I use something called a laptop computer...go figure.:rolleyes:

11. Tonealicious

Oh no!

Thread deteriorating....

12. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

That musta cost ya at least $350.00, add in the mobile internet access you're way past the cost an iphone and the laptop is so hard to put in your front pocket and is crap at making phone calls. But you can buy StroboSoft 2.0 for your PC,... it's $49.99. That's a deal.

Remind me, was your post really about money,.... or did ya just wanta take a shot at Apple?

I bought the Peterson app at the full price last year, $9.99 and it was a deal. It turned something I already owned, that I always have with me into a high quality guitar tuner. I use it all the time.

13. Telehackster

Telehackster Tele-Afflicted

It's a great and useful app. Last Christmas I was at a guitar shop trying out several different guitars, each one far out of tune. When I started bringing one up to pitch I remembered that I had the Peterson app on my phone.

I saw on the Peterson site that the stompbox model has been redisgned to look like a Conn Strobotuner.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.