Peter Frampton Band - All Blues

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Zepfan, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

FLHT likes this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Off topic for a sec... I lived in Olive Branch and Southaven when I was a kid. Frampton... I remember when "Frampton Comes Alive" was released. I got SOOOOOO sick of it. It was on every station every hour every day for months. Lordy. I LOVED Humble Pie. What a great band... I bet he's a good dude, though.

3. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

That's great. I grew up in Memphis(Whitehaven/Midtown/East Memphis) and moved to Southaven back in 2002. Then Horn Lake around 2008. About to move back to Southaven. Back and Forth. I was interested in Washington State or Alaska when I was a teen, but this was as far as I got.:rolleyes: At least you made to Cali.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I wonder what Noah thinks about this, Peter Frampton "Blooze Daddy".

Zepfan likes this.
  5. Cesspit

Cesspit Tele-Holic

I followed Frampton and have loved his playing since the Herd, Humble Pie and solo. Very tasteful player. I was at Wembley for the very first UK gig of Comes Alive. Brilliant.
    Shows I'm getting old......

Torren61 likes this.
  6. FLHT

FLHT Tele-Meister

Same here, but where I grew up (in NH) it was always the same three songs, Baby I Love Your Way, Show Me The Way, and Do You Feel Like We Do. We'd hear them several times a day. Peter Frampton is a great musician, and Humble Pie was great too, but I quickly grew tired of those songs, as well as that talk box.

That version of Georgia On My Mind in the link above is real nice, props to Zepfan for posting it. I'll have to check out the rest of the album. The track listing looks pretty good, too.

Zepfan and Torren61 like this.
  7. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I loved Humble Pie. I saw the Frampton Comes Alive Tour in '76 in Syracuse, NY. April 11th. Although his tour dates list that as Springfield Mass. which I don't understand. My friend Dave Semeran owned a music store and he got us all 9th row seats center to see the whole thing. I believe the tickets were $9.50 at the time. It was awesome and Frampton closed with Humble Pies "I don't need no Doctor." I also saw him at the Embarcadero in San Diego about 1995 at a free outdoor concert in the summer. Bluesville on Sirius XM plays cuts off that CD all the time. Although I am not enamored with it I do like listening to it as I am a Frampton fan and it is nice to see him still playing.

8. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

I thought this was gonna be Peter Frampton playing Mile's " All Blues"
    ( which maybe he has done?)

9. Jim W

Jim W Friend of Leo's

Frampton is a wonderful guitar player. That being said I would rather buy a listen too the original blues artists rather PF versions. But he does do a good job. Same issue with Joe Bonamassa.(sp). Humble Pie was a great band with PF and very good with Clemson.

Bones likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.