People who sit while you practice - what do you sit on? Pics appreciated.

Do you stand or sit while playing, or both?

• I only stand (95% or more).

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I only sit (95% or more).

Votes: 46 30.5%
  • I mostly stand, sometimes sit.

Votes: 22 14.6%
  • I mostly sit, sometimes stand.

Votes: 67 44.4%
  • I'm just here for free food.

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • I thought we were talking about potting soil.

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

TC6969

Friend of Leo's
I stand most of the time.

I use an oak bar stool from Walmart. ($30)

Its really tall, and I can step back and hang a butt cheek on it for a few seconds every now and then when my 69 yo back starts talking to me

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I usually slouch way into our super soft and comfy couch and just kinda lay the guitar on my torso. A lot of the time I end up almost horizontal.

Of course it’s not really practice, it’s mostly just improv noodling while I’m zoned out on the TV.

Tmcqtele65

Tele-Meister
I have a very sturdy drum throne that I use most of the time, and a cheap arm-less desk chair with wheels that I use the rest of the time. Typically my practice involves viewing something on my desktop computer screen and/or adjusting the metronome which is usually on the same desk - so the office chair with wheels is nice for rolling in and out.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
I try standing, as I'm normally looking at lyric sheets when I practice, and it's more natural that way. I have a stool with no arms, and a pack a seat too(for steel). I've joked about buying half a couch from the furniture places though....

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
I used to stand all the time, mainly sit now though these days, due to terrible lower lumber pain by being run over in a supermarket car park 20 years ago. Hurts like crazy these days, the initial pain and treatment was painful, but now it can last days. That's ageing I suppose.

Teleguy61

Friend of Leo's
I have used this for gigs, and a lot for practicing.
Very good.

oregomike

Tele-Afflicted
Hey people,

I've been standing while I play 100% of the time for 35 years; gotten to the point where sitting and playing feels very alien. Now I've got foot problems (neuroma in each foot) and am thinking I need to start sitting again. Also, I want to make some YouTube videos and I think the sitting videos come across better than the ones where people stand.

So, I'm looking around and trying to figure out what kind of stool to get. Tons of options. I know I want something with back support, but other than that I'm not sure. My bass player friend just spent about a hundred bucks on a stool; looks very cool, comfy, but no back support.

I know most people sit for at least a large part of their playing and I'm kinda weird for sticking to standing, so show us what you be sitting on, and whether it's what you think is best for playing. Doesn't have to be a stool, could just be a couch.

Thanks!
I was going to say, “When I gig, I’m the drummer so I sit 100%of the time.” but thats not helpful. I do play out on acoustic when I’m doing my singer/songwriter thing and I stand mostly depending on my mood and venue. When I sit, I prefer a hard, straight up ladder back chair and always bring one with me.

1655329041696.jpeg

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
Forgot to add I sit on one of those old Fender mini barstool things. Could do with something a bit more comfortable though.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Old school piano stool is cool. No back support though. You can find them in vary condtion and levels of extravagance for $25 to $100 on C/L, FB, etc.

1656474682238.png

bowman

Friend of Leo's
At band rehearsal, I stand 100% of the time, as if it were a show. For home playing, I sit 100% of the time, as if I were an old dude. And I am …
What I sit on: just a simple folding chair with a padded seat. It squeaks when I move, and those noises get onto my recordings. I’m so used to it that when there aren’t any squeaks on a track, I think that something’s wrong.