People who sit while you practice - what do you sit on? Pics appreciated.

Do you stand or sit while playing, or both?

• I only stand (95% or more).

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • I only sit (95% or more).

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I mostly stand, sometimes sit.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I mostly sit, sometimes stand.

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • I'm just here for free food.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I thought we were talking about potting soil.

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
My space
IMG20220509091716.jpg

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
That looks awesome, very much what I think I want. They don't have prices listed on the website, guessing they're pretty expensive?

Edit: figured out the pricing, expensive, but not as much as I would have guessed.
And worth it. The chair in the pic is nearly twenty years old. Other than a little dust, you can't tell.

I come from a blood line with zero padding on the hindquarters. I also have minor lower back pain. Before that chair, sessions were always ended because of pain in either the back or butt. The chair simply removed that pain from the equation. My butt is smiling!

Bob

bobio

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter

This is the same one as the two I have, with hydraulic lift and the back.
I also have the adjustable foot ring with the standard office chair type base.
I have been using them for anything but drums, guitar, sax, keyboards :cool:
My son does have a more traditional Roc'n'Soc drum throne with a tripod base and round swivel seat.

20180417_003817761_iOS.jpg 20220508_192532442_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Twang-ineer

Tele-Meister
Steelcase Amia task chair. A good chair is well worth the cost when you consider the true cost of back pain. The question that everyone asks is ..... yes the arms go low enough that it is not an issue playing. I play both on the right leg and in classical position and have no problem either way, assuming that you sit on the edge, with straight back posture, as one would normally do when practicing.

old soul

Tele-Holic
Usually in this chair, but sometimes in a recliner. The chair pictured is really a good height and no arms to get in the way

Attachments

• 20220117_094959.jpg
    20220117_094959.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 9

Wildcard_35

Tele-Meister
I have an office chair I got at Costco that the armrests fold up on so I can play guitar without them being in the way. I generally use my pc as a playback device (for learning specific parts) so it works well in this way.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
Most of my playing time is to prepare for leading music at a Senior Living Center, using my acoustic. Because I stand when leading the music, I stand when I am preparing the music.

However, when I am playing my Telecaster, it's in a plain old metal folding chair. (Yeah, that's part of a scale I weigh on every morning.)

Chair.JPG

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
that's just the same simple student/office chair with no arms that I sit on most of the time at the PC table and noodle guitars on..

I hate fixed seats when playing, I like the movement, to swing around to change angles instead of twisting my back as you would on a fixed chair...:)

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I'm kinda leaning towards a drafting stool. I had a really nice one at a job for a long time back in the '80s.

There's a used office furniture place here in our town that has all kinds of stuff like this ... for way cheap. Chances are you can google some up in your area.

And remember - there's no stool like an old stool. 👨‍🍳

Last edited:

wangdaning

Tele-Meister
I lied on the poll an say always sitting, I do occasionally walk around to harass the other people in my house (wife and son). Though it is not really practice either, I just doodle about on the strings. My acoustic does not even have a strap so I wander around holding it while playing.

Dana Rudd

Tele-Afflicted
Due to bad back I always sit.
I have a Gibraltor drum throne, a swivel office chair and a high back gaming chair with fold up arms.

freshmattyp

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter