People who sit while you practice - what do you sit on? Pics appreciated.

Do you stand or sit while playing, or both?

• I only stand (95% or more).

Votes: 13 9.5%
  • I only sit (95% or more).

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I mostly stand, sometimes sit.

Votes: 19 13.9%
  • I mostly sit, sometimes stand.

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • I'm just here for free food.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I thought we were talking about potting soil.

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
soundseat.jpg

Soundseat, created by J.R. Baker.

Bob

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Nothing fancy, just an office meeting chair without arms.

The real trick is to find one that is the correct height so your upper legs are level. I stumbled across a cheap office meeting chair at Staples for $35. Sat on it and found it to be the perfect height for long legs. I purchased 3 on the spot for when people show up for band practice.

davo8411

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I voted mostly stand AND I voted mostly sit. Because some days I’m one way, some days I’m the other. I prefer standing, because my long arms are a problem when I’m sitting with a guitar, but feet and legs ain’t what they used to was. I sit in the ‘40s maple office chair in the pic. I don’t recommend it. It’s horrible, but it’s mine.
I dig the R. Crumb print.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I mostly stand, just an old habit.

When I do sit, I use my mesh-back shock-absorbing home office chair, without arms.

You know what they look like, and I'm not sharing any pictures of my butt either.:cool:

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I learned early on that your singing voice is much better when standing. That being said, I am a singer, so I have stood most of my life.

I rarely sit to play guitar, and if I am that exhausted that I have to sit, I usually keep it in its case.

OmegaWoods

Tele-Afflicted
I have a mesh high backed office chair that's shock absorber height adjustable and spring loaded back. It was my office chair when I worked at home for many years. It used to have 2 armrests but I removed the right armrest to accommodate guitar bodies. View attachment 981102
Mine is almost identical but the arms fold down.

Having said that, I mostly stand now.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter

dukewellington

Tele-Meister
I have drum throne from Amazon Vine, and a straight back solid maple chair that was (cough) accidentally removed from a Starbucks 15 years ago, and has lived a happy retirement at my house ever since.

raysachs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
soundseat.jpg

Soundseat, created by J.R. Baker.

Bob
Yup, I have one of these too. Some of the best money I’ve spent on guitar gear. Everything is adjustable so you can get the seat, back, and footrest set where you’re most comfortable. I ended up taking off the swivel out foot plate (shown swiveled out of the way in above pic) - thought it was a good idea, but didn’t actually like it in use. But getting the foot ring at the right height relative to the seat seems critical to me. This lives at home, and I have a 24” Fender stool at a winter place we rent down south. The stool is OK, but the Soundseat is waaay better than OK…

-Ray