People More interested in photographing their restaurant meal than eating

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by rze99, Jan 14, 2020.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

thread about people calling other people out for lack of impulse control who completely lack impulse control.

LOVE.

we have a couple of family and extended family text groups. LOTS of meals get snapped and shared... and we all click like and love and YUM etc... this kind of pic gets shared every week by multiple peeps... we all like it just fine.... and if we are busy.. we don't look... this isn't hard.

IMG_1555.jpeg

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

It only bugs me when it's excessive. You can take a food photo in 5 seconds.....no big deal. I can appreciate taking a photo of something that is very special. I do have a couple friends on Facebook who post just about everything that they eat. I think it's weird to post almost everything that you eat. Bones posted a photo of a great meal that he cooked the other day and that's fine. The ribs looked great. If Bones did this three times per day it would weird me out.

Torren61 likes this.
  3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Has anyone replied "OK, Boomer" yet?

rcole_sooner and Buckocaster51 like this.
  4. stratoman1

stratoman1 Friend of Leo's

Well you don't have to worry about me pulling that trick. My second step into a restaurant is a 180 back out the door unless it's picking up takeout

5. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Friend of Leo's

He takes his time.

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Sorry.

It seems OK Boomer came and went. And I found out about it too late to be offended by it. Rats.

Buckocaster51 likes this.
  7. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

he always uses a red filter.

8. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If i had known Heston Blementhal was going to screw over his employees, I'd never have eaten at one of his restaurants. That said, the food at Dinner in London was exceptional. The staff were exceptional as well. I made a passing comment to the hostess who was leading us to our table about how my wife had technically missed her birthday due to the time change and this is what was brought out for dessert...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4334.jpg

... after these desserts.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4330.jpg

My wife was happy and, as you can see, we didn't take pics of our dinner. We took pictures of our just desserts. This one was before our dinner was served.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_432f.jpg

At the time we went, there was construction going on and you couldn't go through the front. A black cab delivered us to the rear entrance and a smartly dressed doorman helped my wife out of the cab. Another well dressed gentleman met us at the door and lead us through a long, winding passage to the restaurant where a beautiful young hostess met us to take us straight to our table. We felt like rock stars.

I'm a working man who wanted to eat at Michelin starred restaurants during our month long tour of parts of Europe. We had saved and I wanted to know what it was like to eat at world class restaurants. Now I know. While the food is certainly the main part of the experience, it's only PART of the experience with "experience" being the key word. If Heston Blumenthal has a problem with me taking pictures as a memento, he can kma. Because of his low character and his alleged business practices, I won't be dining at his establishments again.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/wor...d-the-ripped-off-workers-20181207-p50ksz.html

9. Torren61

Our table at Guy Savoy in Paris was seated next to a window that overlooks the River Seine. We arrived at 7:30pm and left at 11:00pm. Eighteen course meal with wine pairings. $1200 USD (converted from Euros). I mention the price not to brag but to inform. Yeah, it's a stupid expensive meal but I would do it again. It was about the experience. For three and a half hours, we were celebrities in love. I'll never forget it.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4459.jpg

Alain Ducasse at the Hotel Plaza Athenee. We had the best table in the entire restaurant. It was amazing. The heel on my wife's high heeled shoe broke. It was hilarious. We had a great time and we were wealthy aristocrats for the evening. I wish they had gone a bit easier on the truffles, lol. Another $1200 meal.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3dfa.jpg

Bord'eau in Amsterdam. No pics of dinner but here's one of dessert. That's sherbet inside a sugar globe. I forget the price of our dinner there but I think it was less than $700.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3da3.jpg

rze99 likes this.
  10. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

46500993_10216525987599634_3242694012057944064_o.jpg

rcole_sooner, FLHT and Torren61 like this.
  11. Torren61

This one was one of the best meals at the restaurant on the grounds of Chateau Chenonceau in the Loire Valley. The entire meal cost $100 including wine.
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3c86.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43bc.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43bd.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43be.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43bf.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43c0.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43c2.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_43c3.jpg

I DID take pics of this meal because it was so good. It was as good as any meal we ate. Sorry about the vacation pics. It was for information purposes and not to brag about anything.

rcole_sooner and SlappyDuck like this.
  12. kuvash

kuvash Friend of Leo's

But of course.

johnny k likes this.
  13. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

14. Torren61

Pardon me, would you have any Grey Poupon?

15. Wallaby

Wallaby Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Any restaurant would be happy with the added publicity of having their beautiful food photographed and talked about.

To complain about it is just a publicity stunt, maybe to get *more* people to view the free advertising. And maybe secretly try it for themselves.

Torren61 likes this.
  16. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

17. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

I’ve been busted

18. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

They
    Follow
    Me.

Torren61 and koen like this.
  19. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Torren61 likes this.
  20. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Holic

I take photos of my food periodically...both food I have cooked and food others have cooked for me. Because I’m proud of what I’ve created (proud enough to share) or amazed at something someone else has put in front of me (amazed enough to share). I think the Michelin-starred chef referenced needs to chill...taking him or herself way too seriously. This is an additional opportunity for press. Yes it goes both ways—if you F up a meal and someone takes a picture of it and posts it, hopefully that makes you tighten up your game. But if you knock it out of the park, be happy that your food is getting seen by and advertised to potentially thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of people without them ever stepping foot in your restaurant.

rcole_sooner and Torren61 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.