1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pentatonic Musings

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by gitlvr, Nov 23, 2017.

1. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Improvisation, just for the joy.

NWinther and papa32203 like this.
  2. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Cool guitar!

gitlvr likes this.
  3. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

4. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

5. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

6. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Yeah, I just went back and flew through your build thread- great job! I love the fingerboard on your git.
    One of my favorite guitars is a '72 RI Thinline. Lots of mods (Lollar Regals, Hipshot bridge, refreeted w/ med jumbos, had the neck radius "contoured" (different from a re-radius), had the shape of the neck changed to a soft "V", and replaced the pg with a parchment one controls reversed. A lot invested in a MIM guitar, but I really like it.

Would love to have a Deluxe (or a Custom) some day. I could never build one from scratch, but I could probably do a partscaster!

7. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

You can get parts and put one together, if you know set up. That is the difference between a guitar and a great guitar, IMO.
    I have wanted a Deluxe since I was in my early twenties. Was never able to afford one, so I built it.
    My wood source closed down, so I haven't built in a couple of years. I have 2 pieces of ash, one about 5" wide, the other about 4". If I can find about 6" of something decent to go in the middle, I have an offset strat type to build from parts leftover from other things.
    If I ever start building that, I'll post here.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.