1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedals that have come and gone, pedals that have stayed

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by theprofessor, Nov 11, 2020.

1. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Holic

Just ordered an Echoplex ep101 - let’s see how this one goes!

FenderLover likes this.
  2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I'm not big on selling but I have traded a few. The most notable trade was a DOD Mystic Blues and Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus (the 90's 18v version) for a 1993 Fender Duosonic.

One I've kept and still use often is a 1987 Peavey Hotfoot Distortion. It's essentially a Rat clone.

3. 19sixty3

19sixty3 TDPRI Member

I've downsized significantly for quite some time. However, those couple of pedals stay with me:
    • Analog Man King of Tone
    • Keeley Super Phat Mod
    • Strymon Flint
    • OKKO Dominator
    • Dunlop Fuzz Face - Dallas Arbiter
    I replaced the Polytune with a Peterson StroboStomp this year. And that's just because I can read the Peterson better.

4. arlum

arlum Tele-Meister Platinum Supporter

Wow. I hope your breakup with Lovepedal was congenial. Looks like you had something long term going on.

5. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

My list will start with the ones that’ll stay. I have purchased more gear this year than any year in my life and most of that I haven’t heard yet because I am in Japan on business. I sell very few pedals because they were usually well studied and researched before I bought them. My impulse purchases however dont hold such a good record. Three categories for me are Keepers, Secondary board and Shelf dwellers.

Keepers for me include:
    Various Rat derivatives
    *Mr. Vermin Chicago Stompworks
    *94’ White Face Reissue
    *Jam Pedals Rattler
    Ethos OD Preamp
    Boss BD-2
    Boss DC-2w
    PlethoraX5 (havent heard it but I am very familiar with TonePrint pedals)
    Moollon Fuzz 14 MkII (SI Fuzz Face)
    Moollon Lotus Octah
    Cali 76’ Compact Deluxe (Ok, havent heard it yet but very confident I’ll like it.)
    Digitec Ventura Vibe

Secondary Board Worthy:
    Flashback II
    HOF II
    Hyper Gravity Comp
    JHS Angry Charley AT
    BYOB Silver Pony Klone
    J Rockett Blue Note
    Moolon British Octah
    TC Alter Ego x 4
    EHX Pitchfork

Shelf Dwellers:
    Source Audio Nemesis Delay (impulse)
    Behringer Trem/Pan (impulse)
    TC Mojo Mojo (impulse)
    Nobels ODR-1
    Neunaber Wet II
    TC Viscous Vibe (Impulse)
    Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter Trem
    Fulltone 69’ Fuzz
    Moore Hustle Drive (impulse OCD clone)
    Moore Reverb of some kind (impulse)
    ProCo Rat2
    EB Vol Jr

Purchased ( good pedals I need to hear):
    Ethos TWE-1
    Pedal Pawn Fuzz
    Xotic EP-Boost
    Boss SD-1
    EB Vol/Tuner Jr

6. Gunny

Gunny Tele-Holic

I was a guitar player, but went back to bass in 2000. I had my fair share of individual pedals and multi-fx too. I don't use effects for bass...but I picked up a Taylor acoustic-electric bass which is decently loud (acoustically) for its mini size. It has a preamp in it but I later discovered that the output from the piezo pickups (one per string, I think) is LOW. I did my homework and learned that I needed a clean boost pedal. Almost got the Spark clean boost but considered building my own, because I have decades of experience fixing amps, pedals etc, however I discovered a pedal that was cheaper than either of those options - Electro-Harmonix Linear Power Boost LPB-1. $54 Canadian bucks shipped, brand new. They still make this thing (for decades) and by the way it works great with the A-E bass.

7. Si G X

Si G X Tele-Afflicted

This brought back memories... between 2002 and about 2008 I must have bought and sold literally hundreds of effects. It was an ebay habit/hobby and I was buying at least one a week sometimes 4 or 5. My band had finished and I guess I was just looking for something to keep me interested in the guitar.

Eventually I kind of burned myself out, I only own half a dozen now, no board and never use more than 2 or 3, often just 1.

8. Zecsson

Zecsson TDPRI Member

This is my pedalboard. Pedal that I took off are Ibanez TS mini, Marshall BB2, Carl Martin Plexi Tone, MXR eq, and DIY TS 808

9. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

Eq at home is key. I can really dial things in. I have a lot to learn. One day I hope to be able to be able get it all figured out. Probably will never happen. I'm just getting started playing electric guitar after playing acoustic for 30 years. I own a handful of pedals and have found the Eq to be very useful and versital. Dig it a lot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.