Pedals inside a cab ??

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by tweeet, Mar 26, 2020.

1. tweeet

tweeet Tele-Holic

Just in case there's any issues. As you can see, I intend to put this inside my 2x10 cab. It's a Janglebox and a reverb. I play my electric 12 string through my Egnater Tweaker 15 into the cab with two Eminence GA's in it. I don't tweak the pedals at all...I never touch them so to eliminate all the wiring out front ( which collects with my 6 string pedalboard) I'm going to put them in the back thus. All I have to do is plug in all wires behind the amp set up. Anyone else do this and will there or have you come up with any problems with the pedals being so close to the speakers ? I haven't glued in the board yet just in case. thumbnail (1).jpg thumbnail.jpg

nojazzhere likes this.
  2. Peegoo

Peegoo Friend of Leo's

I did the same with an RV5 in the back of one of my Evil Robots because those amps have vibrato but no reverb. It works fine.

One extra step I did was install a small 9vDC power transformer to run the pedal. I took AC power to drive the transformer from inside the chassis on the downstream side of the fuse.

tweeet likes this.
  3. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I'd go one step further.....rearrange those two pedals and add a third......and eliminate the hassles of tuning a twelve string......a Mosaic 12 String Emulator. ;)

4. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

I don't adjust my pedals when I play either, but I have no need of putting them in a strange location. I'm sure it will be fine if that's what you like, but I don't see much advantage. And my amp's already heavy enough.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.