Pedalboard Power Question

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by DirectorDisch, Jul 23, 2019.

1. DirectorDisch

DirectorDisch TDPRI Member

Hello friends,

I just put an AC Inlet onto my Blackbird Pedalboard. The inside of the inlet says 15A/125V. All of the extension cords in stock at my local store say 13A. Would seem to me that for a pedalboard, that should suffice. The Blackbird website, where I bought the inlet, says you can run any grounded extension cord. However, being a person who knows almost nothing about electricity, I want to make sure I can buy a regular extension cord, and not look for one that is specifically 15A.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danjabellza likes this.
  2. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

When it says 13Amps or 15Amps that is the current that will safely pass through the cable or connector. However; unless your pedalboard has its own zip code then it's unlikely to draw any more than 3 amps so a 13A cable will be fine in to a 15A connector.

3. OlRedNeckHippy

OlRedNeckHippy Friend of Leo's

I have that same one on my home made wooden pedal board. 3 years now. It works just fine.

DirectorDisch likes this.
  4. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Tele-Holic

With 13 amps, you can run your board, your amp, and the other guitarist's rig, as well. Maybe even a PA head, too.

5. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

And also leave usb ports for the audience to charge thier phones.......

Old Deaf Roadie likes this.
  6. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I think the only way you would ever be concerned would be if your power supply has "courtesy power" and you plug your big honkin tube amp into the courtesy power port. I don't think that's really what "courtesy power" is for though. Courtesy power ports AFAIK are for that weird pedal you have that has some super odd power requirement and you end up having to use it's power adapter. E.x. I have an EHX Hum Debugger and it takes something weird like 7V AC.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.