1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedalboard Hard Case!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by dreamingtele, Jan 25, 2021.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

With the prices of gears nowadays, and me getting older everyday, I just couldnt get myself to buy expensive things and have always been on a look out for cheap DIY/hack pieces that I can use..

I got a used Mono - Small pedalboard without the bag.. and these are actually 180 usd new with the bag.., if you want to buy the bag, its 149 usd.. its crazy!!

Ive used the Mono Guitar gigbags, they're top notch, but shelling out 149 for a new pedalboard bag, to use with my used board that I got for like 50 usd, its absurd!! I was set to buy the Gator G-mixer bags that were also 55.. but then before pulling the trigger, decided to go to my local tool shop first and see what I can get for more or less the same amount of dough..

well, what to do you know, there's a few of these weatherproof, waterproof, cases for 65 bucks that people use with their video/camera equipment, power tools etc etc and fits my board exactly, with foam padding, and latches, and it's actually a hard case which can protect better.. I was hoping it'll be bigger so I can also put in my extra cables/strings/patches, stuff, etc etc.. but I couldnt be happier when I got home and fit my board in!

Happy camper here!

Sorry for the messy board, I got a few pedals coming in and Im delaying fixing the cabling and all until I have everything.. LOL

[​IMG]Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

2. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Meister

That’s a sweet setup! I like long pedal boards otherwise I would’ve mounted mine in a Pelican case as well.

3. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

Very nice. That case.looks killer, plus
    you have the DD500.and the RV500. Just think, you can run a Tera Echo into.a Storm Reverb and quite possibly open up a star gate.

4. dreamingtele

my previous board was long, one of those pedaltrain metros, i think 20 or 24 or something. But i needed something with a bit more surface because I got a DD-500 and RV-500 and there’s no way I can mount all my pedals on it so I looked for something cheap on the used market and found this board. Hehe.

i wasnt really looking for this case exactly, i just wanted something cheaper, maybe better. Just lucked out with this one I guess.

DeepDangler likes this.
  5. dreamingtele

i have a few patches on the DD-500 that uses both A&B - dual delay type (think Streets Have No Name - U2, dotted eight into a quarter - stuff) and I can also stack reverbs in series or parallel in the RV-500, and it can get REALLY crazy.

i havent tried opening a stargate with it, but I can get close!

6. DeepDangler

DeepDangler Tele-Meister

3881C25B-B957-4ABA-B127-20FB38E08C63.jpeg I’m using something like the metro 24. I found a board on Amazon callled Ghostfire for 60 bucks that’s a 27 inch with a case and I’ve been digging it. I always wanted a hard case but I need the pedals in a line otherwise my steel toes crush the knobs :oops:

7. Collin D Plonker

I also like the lo-fi reverb for Pink Floyd leads, like Money or the end of Have a Cigar where everything gets muffled for a few measures. Very cool.

SRHmusic likes this.
  8. dreamingtele

i know what you mean! This is the reason why I have a midi controller for the DD and Rv. Its a bit clunky to operate those two on the stock 3 buttons. Besides, its hard to get to the switches when the board is loaded with pedals side by side!

9. dreamingtele

yes! I know what you mean! The RV-500 is capable of that!

honestly i dont know why people dont give this a second look. It seems like they’re in the shadow of the great Strymon Timeline and Bigsky lol. You have in-depth control and even EQ with the 500 stuff.

and the price! On the used market, i sold my Timeline and got this two for basically what I sold my Timeline for. Lol

Collin D Plonker likes this.
  10. Collin D Plonker

IMG_20200602_205800.jpg

I reach my buttons OK with my size 10s, but I like using midi for quick changes.

11. dreamingtele

Man, you’re telling me to open a stargate and when your board can traverse through a Black Hole! Lol

the only thing I dont like about the Dd/Timeline and other big box pedals that dont have enough switches is banking with two buttons. Hence midi to bank up and down with dedicated switches, and access fave patches, or combo patches with dd and rv.

i also use midi to send exact bpm tempos to the dd500 for the songs we’re doing so i dont have to tap tap tap.

but dang, what board is this??? 3 500 series pedals and you still have space beside it for one more! Maybe use a GT-1000 core to fill that space???

12. Collin D Plonker

It's a Metro 32. It's a beast, for sure.

13. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Sweet setup for a case!

14. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Looks great!

15. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Very cool. Could you let us know the brand and model number of the case if possible? Also what are the inner dimensions? Thanks!

16. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Good find. It's a pain trying to find good cases.

I went for an ATA briefcase for my small acoustic pedal board. Not as cheap ($110) but has that old rock case mojo. (Turns out Anvil is still around, I found later.). I went with RoadCases, quick turnaround. They have larger pedalboard cases, too. There's another company on the west coast that does these custom, as well.
    https://www.roadcases.com/briefcases-and-accessory-cases/

DeepDangler likes this.
  17. Preacher

Preacher Friend of Leo's

DeepDangler and telemnemonics like this.
  18. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

That's a cool case. Looks small for me .....and my board's not big. I have an aluminum case like that, I assume they still make them. I use mine for a small mixer and some mics. Top notch, I found it at a yard sale for $5!

If anyone has a big pedal board, I have a couple of aluminum "voting booths" that are at least 24" x 18". I need to measure. They are old voting tables! The legs store in the case for transport but would make a great pedal case for a fairly flat board.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Tim S likes this.
  19. dreamingtele

thanks so much!

20. dreamingtele

thank you sir!

tah1962 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.