Pedal tuner recommendations?

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I’m a die hard TU3 guy. The one on my main board is almost twenty years old. That’s literally thousands of gigs. Still truckin. My only complaint is that it’s impossible to read in direct sunlight, so if I know I’m going to be in that situation, I use the TC Polytune clip-on.

If my Boss ever dies, I’ll get another one. Just because of the proven reliability in my experience.

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
Another Polytune 3 user here. The polyphonic tuning works great although it is essentially limited to standard tuning. Of course you can still use it like any other chromatic tuner for open tunings.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
It does? How does that work, exactly. Cause this is news to me, and good news at that!
Lots talk here. I have to look at directions again but I think you hold one of buttons on power up.

tele_pathic

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Another vote for the TC EL Polytune, any version. I've had the TC EL PT mini for a very long time. Small accurate, bright.

And also another vote for the Peterson Strobostomp HD pedal. This was my favorite tuner of all time. So awesome and impressive. BUT it is big and heavy, compared to the TC EL PT mini.

Chikubi

Tele-Meister
I have a Peterson Strobostomp HD and it's the best tuner I've had. It replaced a Boss TU-3w and I don't miss the Boss at all.

Charlie Bernstein

Doctor of Teleocity
+1 for the Polytune. It has a really great buffer, which is good to have at the front of your chain if you use more than a couple of pedals. And of course, you can turn off the buffer if you don't. Plus the strobe mode is really nice.
At the front of the chain I'd need four — one in front of each EQ. Which means a bigger board. Which might mean a new power supply.

=O.

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I have the Polytune. Two of them actually, one for each board. No complaints. Works great. For a gig I would much rather have it on the floor than on the headstock. Much more discreet, plus it's a kill switch. A used one costs around $50 I think. New they are under $100.