1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedal storage/container suggestions

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by Sybo, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Sybo

Sybo Tele-Meister

Hey all! My first post here! I am looking to organize my stuff, thinking of something like a “Plano Tackle Storage Box”. Except they aren’t quite deep enough. What does everyone recommend? For my pedals, small tools, strings, Snark, etc! Thanks to all in advance!
    Jim

57fenderstrat likes this.
  2. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

I got a clear thing with removable dividers from Joanne fabrics. In it has all of my picks, capos, strings, restring stuff, etc. it’s cool because every time I get stickers from guitar companies I put them on that so it’s covered.

3. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

A97AE2AC-0C8F-4FCB-8C24-43885CBA551E.jpeg 379700A8-010F-4BD2-8C87-C23C1E2DF11A.jpeg 69D619FD-D59D-4CDE-9103-C0500A9BD799.jpeg

4. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Holic

I guess Joanne fabrics isn’t a national thing but it’s like a arts and craft store, they have all kinds of tubs and storage stuff for sewing and such.

5. Togman

Togman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I use an old computer lap-top bag. Plenty of room in the main compartment for pedals + other pockets for tools, picks, strings etc.

6. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Holic

Welcome, Sybo!

I've been reconsidering my pedal organization lately as well. Some things to consider...

How many pedals do ya have? If you've got quite a few you might wanna divide things up into different containers.

Is this just for storage at home, or are ya wanting to carry it to gigs? If it is leaving the house, consider how it will load in your vehicle.

I was just thinking about trying to use some of those clear plastic shoe organizers that hang off doors to organize my pedals at home. Seems like normal sized pedals might fit in the pockets.

Snark tuners and some pedals get busted really easily. They do make padded gig bags that can help with that. Even when I'm running a padded gig bag I still try to wrap each pedal in an old T-shirt just to give em some more protection. You don't want those pedals rattling around and you'll always have something to wipe down your guitar with when your done playing.

7. Sybo

Sybo Tele-Meister

Thanks all!!! Great suggestions and I can see already, this is a GREAT place!

57fenderstrat likes this.
  8. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

Go to a thrift store and buy an old briefcase ... Storage plus portability ...

VintageSG likes this.
  9. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire

With the exception of the cost, using a Pelican case would be ideal. Just cut out the foam to fit each pedal and you will have a water and shock proof case to store and carry pedals.

10. colnago

colnago Tele-Meister

My stuff is "stored" all over the place in my house. It's like a guitar store puked in here.

teleaddicted likes this.
  11. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Those lidded plastic storage tubs work great, also coffee cans for just a few in one container

12. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

I have a plastic tub thing that I keep excess wires and stuff in.

I have the pedals in a cabinet next to the playing area.

But realistically all the pedals in the cabinet should probably get sold and I should focus on the ones that are on the pedal board. I have a gig bag type thing for the board.

13. jackal

jackal Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Well, let's see-----one full sized rollaway, several large storage tubs, some bookcases, lottsa stuff under the bed and scattered around the house and garage, careful, this hobby is like raising rabbits.

14. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

A cheap hard sided gun case works well too. Can even be used as a pedal board.

15. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's

LOL.. I got asked once if I was carrying a rifle when I was carrying my Tele in it's hard case. I almost got mad, it seemed like a really stupid question. There's a big fender sticker on the case.

ftbtx likes this.
  16. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

I like the over the door shoe organizers with mesh or clear pockets...

17. brokenbones

brokenbones Tele-Holic

I'd recommend one of these if you have the room. [​IMG]

If not, I was in Harbor Freight the other week and they have some plastic organizers that are tall enough for pedals. Or their Apache "pelican" cases could fit the bill. Don't forget the coupons...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Afflicted

I love these things for storing just about anything.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.