1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedal Predictions for 2015!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RetroTeleRod, Dec 27, 2014.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

I predict that the coolest pedal innovations of 2015 will be created by accident in third world countries by underpaid workers using the wrong or out of spec parts and coming up with cool terrible sounds no-one in their right mind could have dreamed up.

...Define "right mind"?...

2. RockerDuck

RockerDuck Friend of Leo's

Weird, but I predict All pedal company's will make a "mini" pedal version of their other larger ones. Except Boss.

3. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Schweet! :lol:

[​IMG]

4. steam-powered

steam-powered Tele-Meister

And I predict that one of these "yet to be released" modulation minifoogers will take it's place on my "none more black" board. I just built this board yesterday feeling confident that Moog won't let me down!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. telemnemonics

Retina scan controlled DNA switching for clones.

6. strings4v

strings4v TDPRI Member

I'd like to fix a Joyo vintage OD I got for free, finish building a Mosfet boost, maybe replace a Carl Martin plexitone with something more amp friendly.. maybe a Wampler Pinnacle, Rockitt Animal, etc. I'd like an expression pedal for my M5.
    A flanger and an envelope filter would be cool too...
    Probably won't be happening but I want to get a bigger board and a programmble looper with MIDI like a Moen live or a musicomlab.

7. jgmouton

jgmouton Tele-Meister

Strymon will release a dirt pedal with Midi capability, just like the Timeline but dedicated to dirt sounds.

8. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

Too many posts that begin...

"I just ordered XYZ pedal. What should I expect?"

Not enough posts that begin...

"I'm thinking about ordering XYZ pedal. What should I expect?"

9. TheletterJ

TheletterJ Tele-Afflicted

Reinhold Bogner will release another promotional video for something that highlights his continually escalating eccentricity.

10. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

Someone will try to convince their significant other that ED can be cured with GAS.

11. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Sorry, That was last year......... and it does.....

12. PDman5150

PDman5150 Tele-Meister

This reminds me of Conan O'Brians "in the year 2000"....

And on that note: in the year 2015...

Amp emulation goes one step farther when Tech 21 unveils that they are making a character pedal that emulates a pedal that's emulating an amp...

13. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

My New year's pedal related resolution is, nothing. No new pedals, no board changes. THE only thing Im allowing myself to do is get the stock crybaby and the stock TR-2 modded to make them mo betta. The board is done, its full, it has everything I want or need, and I like them all.

No new pedals. I must be strong. Ive said that before:(

ForumRunner_20150104_121931.jpg

14. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

I HOPE that EHX re-releases the proper Green Russian Sovtek Muff. The Bass Big Muff is "inspired by" - but I don't think it's a 1:1.

15. Tele Fan

Tele Fan Friend of Leo's

Some where, some how, someone will need a new delay.

16. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

Guilty as charged m'lud... :cool:

How did you know?

17. telemnemonics

OK, how about an analog/ digital hybrid delay.

The first repeat is loud, analog and dirty, and each subsequent repeat gets cleaner and brighter as it fades.

It might actually sound very cool, with some dirty fattening and distant shimmering decay.

There hasn't really been much for new delay SOUNDS, mostly just more controls over the same basic sounds.

18. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

You'd be right.

NOPREDREQ, alternatively NoPredReq, or for those of you who can discern this acronym from the radio station, you can simply call it NPR.

My prediction for '15 is basically that there's NO PREDICTION REQUIRED. IOW - whatever came out last year (and the year before), you're going to primarily see variations of those. Some will come with a claim that they are something completely new. Some will come with a claim that they are a serious improvement. Some will use it as a marketing hook, basically hooking onto the bandwagon in the process.

Or - how about:

Another New Unoriginal Stompbox, or ANUS? "Dude...that's quite the ANUS you're sporting there...that's one wicked sounding ANUS..." :rolleyes:

I don't mean to sound grumpy or jaded, honestly. But pedals are absolutely just like most other consumer products. There might be something kind of clever here and there that we'll remember years from now, but the vast majority of it will just come and go. And it will be designed, marketed, distributed, and sold to you in the same way as it has been done in the past...

I'm actually more interested to see if the gear designers whom I hold in high regard can continue to have self-restraint (not that I expect them to give in to The Dark Side :lol:).

19. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

^^^
    Regarding innovations 11, do you see any bright spot in something along the line of Roland's Multi-Dimensional Processing? Perhaps not so much in the pedals that have already hit the market but at least in the potential for something unique?
    BTW, I think you might have opened quite the can of worms with the whole "Another New Unoriginal Stompbox" bit. I've already thought of a couple of naughty puns myself, one of course regarding goop. :twisted:
    By the BTW, I sincerely hope my jest didn't come across as anything but good natured fun. That was the spirit it was meant in, certainly. I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Your input adds immeasurably to the value of this forum, IMO.
    Oh look, now you've got me doing it! LOL :lol:

20. Pants

Pants Tele-Meister

I've got my money on EHX releasing the "Crystal Lattice," a pedal that condenses all the Henry Kaiser approved magic of a D****e into a Nano Muff sized box.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.