1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pedal Predictions for 2015!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by RetroTeleRod, Dec 27, 2014.

1. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I buy mxr size pedals and do the backplate switcheroo dance until I'm sure I want to keep a new one for a while.

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

A gaze into my crystal lattice ball...

A pedal will be introduced that will perfectly capture the "D" sound but only with a dead stock '68 Princeton Reverb Custom Reissue. Only 500 will be produced before an unobtainium component becomes extinct. Prices will make actual "D" amps seem reasonable in comparison. Someone will ungoop one and claim that it's just a modded Tube Screamer. EHX will introduce a clone for $65 but it can only be paired with the '65 Princeton Reverb reissue to sound correct. On guitar internet forums, there will be pages and pages of arguments over which one sounds best. You Tube will crash from the comparison videos.

Tape Echos will make a comeback. A Chinese example will have problems as they use Scotch Tape which jams the tape path.

Fulltone's solid state tape echo will remain unreleased in 2015.

A popular pedal will feature a setting that sounds like "a guitar plugged directly into an amplifier."

Joe Bonamassa will have several new signature pedals.

Hare Metal will make a comeback as pedal sized wireless systems are introduced that have antenna that look like furry bunny ears. There will be bugs. Expect them to drop around Easter.

If any of these predictions come true, we will discuss it on the TDPRI. Happy New Year, everyone!

3. jomac

jomac TDPRI Member

All of those things and more.
    Happy 2015 to everyone.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  4. filmix2

filmix2 Tele-Holic

This Just In

I have it on good authority that:

The entire industry will be moving to 5 volt pedals so as to be compatible with USB power supplies and that all pedals will have their external power jacks replaced with micro USB ports.
    Have no fear, most manufacturers surveyed claim they will keep their circuits operating at ~9 volts provided by charge pumps. Though several companies are sure to run their pedals "starved" at 5 volts for down home carbon cell mojo.

Industry insiders also report a widespread fear that inventories of analog components of all kinds are running so low as they may be completely diminished by mid year.

The Bit-Screamer consortium is working around the clock to quickly finish a digital working prototype of the venerable TS design emulated by an all digital signal path. The good news is that it will be an open source hardware and software solution so there will be MANY companies producing the very same circuit. Although it can be reprogrammed slightly to give a wide variety of the same sound.

On the flip side, a few companies are racing to finish their Digital RAT counterparts. These are all proprietary designs and are bound to make one of these companies very rich as they corner all new RAT pedal sales deep in to the 21st century. This last bit was announced by company spokesperson that would only be identified by the initials "A.D.".

On the home-front, TDPRI will finally add some long time requested emoticons:p. The new set will include icons for:
    • The RAT
    • The Tube Screamer
    • A Preamp Tube
    • A Power Amp Tube
    • A DRRI
    • Leo Fender
    • A 5a3 clone
    • and A Stack of Cash

Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

5. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

+1

I also predict there will be approximately 15,000 posts that say "+1"

6. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

not so much dead pcbs as unstarted pcbs.

if I have any actual predictions for 2015 it will be a spreading of flavors of amp in a box pedals, more delay/reverb/modulation out of the boutique world as they tire of fuzz, and way more clones out of Asia with an uptick in outright forgeries. I had a guy bring me a Princeton Reverb chassis kit from Thailand with full Fender logos and pretty convincing faceplates ... just unreal.

7. Dunzie

Dunzie Tele-Holic

Never heard of this "Gain Changer" you speak of. Is it any good?

8. majorbugout

majorbugout Tele-Meister

I predict that someone will describe their new pedal as "Bullet Proof" or "Built Like a Tank"

9. Iago

Iago Friend of Leo's

Predictions:

PGS will have 25 new fuzz pedal demos for January only.
    Dunlop will release a couple more mini fuzz faces, based on "those legendary gigs Jimi played in 196x, two of his best shows ever..."
    There will be a new signature Zakk Wylde pedal.
    Proco will release a new Rat variation and EHX will clone it (after doing the TS, OCD, Klon, etc in 2014).
    JHS will clone something.
    TC Electronic will release new delay and reverb pedals, some of them limited editions to certain retailers along with a Ditto X4 or something of the likes.

10. TeleFool75

TeleFool75 Tele-Meister

Boss will Waza Craft EVERYTHING in their lineup, bring back the CE-2 when the DM-2 is finally re-released in late Dec 2015 and re-Waza the BD-2 as people keep sending their stock version to Keeley, Monte, and JHS to be modded instead.

11. Slidedude

Slidedude Tele-Holic

Oooh...oooh! Me want!

12. Adelbatross

Adelbatross Tele-Meister

+1!

I also predict that there will be a pedal to come out where half say it's the greatest pedal ever, the other half will complain about how horrible it is. The pedal will cost either $50 or $450.

13. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Is that a hint that we should require all new members to pass a proficiency test in operating the "Search" function before being allowed to post? :D

Actually some old members could probably use a refresher course too. :p

14. Freethenoise

Freethenoise Tele-Holic

Strymon will announce another full sized pedal, people will lose their minds, go nuts pre-ordering them and within a month people will be saying that Eventide are better.

The same may happen in reverse with Eventide announcing something.

15. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Two of my predictions have already come to pass (okay, maybe just one), and it's not even 2015 yet! (Do I still get points for that?)
    :lol::?::lol:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  16. sclitheroe

sclitheroe Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

I predict the Rat and OD-3 will remain TDPRI favourites

17. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

I predict:

people will complain about ehx quality, then rave all about their new ehx glockenspiel simulator pedal.

There will be at least 90 new "recommend me a wah pedal" threads that go on for 6 pages and never have the OP reply.

Me, Teletimex and Toto's Dad will remain to be the people who respond to the "post a lie about the person above you" thread

Floyd rose will put off the release of the FRX for another month, each month, for the next 16 months

18. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

1 word: Rat

19. steam-powered

steam-powered Tele-Meister

I predict that Moog will introduce three new minifoogers at NAMM in the very near future. Hoping for modulation (flanger, chorus, or phaser).

20. DeVilleDude

DeVilleDude Tele-Holic

I predict that....despite having only 2 new pedals on my radar for acquisition in 2015, I'll somehow end up w 10/12 new pedals by December.

This is merely a result of a second prediction that I'll be unable to stay off gear boards in 2015.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.