Pedal order

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by jdolecek49, Sep 20, 2020.

1. jdolecek49

jdolecek49 TDPRI Member

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this or not but here goes..
    I have a boss katana and I'm looking for the best order for my pedals and also to reduce noise. I recently picked up a joyo ultimate drive which is an OCD clone. While I love the pedal, it does emitt a lot of noise. I also need some advice on the best pedal order. I also have an big muff deluxe this is my first big muff and could use some advice on settings if anyone else has this pedal and is it best to use on the clean channel or a crunch?
    Ok here are my pedals, what is the best order for them?
    1.boss DS-1
    2. EHX big muff deluxe
    3. Joyo ultimate drive
    4. Ehx 360 looper

Thank you in advance

2. 41144

41144 Tele-Afflicted

A Fuzz and a Muff!!!!
    Way out of my sonics but logic would be Fuzz-Muff-DS-Loop... But that's some seriously dark tone you can hit there!

Joyo, like most of the Chinese clones, can be hit and miss... A good one is, as good as the original for a fraction of the cost... but a poor one is... we'll just that!

Djentleman Dan likes this.
  3. loopfinding

loopfinding Tele-Meister

Play with the order, you’re always going to have noise with gain pedals. Part of the reason I’m not a volume knob-on-the-guitar guy, unless it’s for shaping really splatty fuzz.

The thing is, gain pedals compress the signal, so when you’re playing, the signal of the guitar squashes the noise, and when you stop it comes right up. Solution: invest in a volume pedal for the end of your chain (maybe before the looper?). That way you can kill the signal when you’re not playing and it won’t require as much fussing with as a noise gate.

Djentleman Dan likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.